Power Locks Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Locks Question

WEBWEDO
06-01-2004, 08:17 AM
This is what puzzles me about my car.

My power locks work from the inside, they open and close all doors in my 98 - 2.4 GAGT, with a push of a button.

But.... When I use my key, it will only open the door that I have the key in, ie it wont open all four doors of the car.

Is that normal on this model or do I have somekind of electrical problem here.

You would think that when you have you key in the drivie side door, it should open all 4 doors of the car, right?

Slim
06-01-2004, 08:20 AM
You would think that when you have you key in the drivie side door, it should open all 4 doors of the car, right?

Nope. The manual lock mechanism isn't hooked up to the power lock system.

WEBWEDO
06-01-2004, 08:54 AM
So basicly, everytime I want to open a passanger door fro someone, I have to open mine first, then using the inside door switch open all others, right?

Breadfan
06-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Yep

Slim
06-01-2004, 09:13 AM
^ What he said. Guess you didn't get the keyless remote then eh? Get an alarm with door lock mods on it. Protects your car and cures your laziness all in one step. :)

WEBWEDO
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
^ What he said. Guess you didn't get the keyless remote then eh? Get an alarm with door lock mods on it. Protects your car and cures your laziness all in one step. :)

I got it used, at carmax. Didnt come with a remove, how do I check if it had on before?

digitalballz
06-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey at least your power locks work. I still havent figured out why mine dont work. Maybe this week if I trade cars with my dad for a night. lol