Fixing Driver Door [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Driver Door

RamAir
06-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Ok I just started to notice this getting worse and need some ideas on how to fix it. When i open my driver's side door fully everythings fine, when i start to close and reach the half way point i get this big cracking sound. would i just need greecing or something else?

Silver02GT
06-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Make sure all the bolts that hold the door on are tight. I had the same problem. Once I tightened them, it went away.

AznGA
06-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Wouldn't hurt to spray some WD 40. It's good stuff.
:)

2002AmSE
06-01-2004, 11:23 AM
its strange but mine used to do that and then it stopped and its been fine for a good 1/2 year now, it was magic. But i don't think thats normal to have something fix itself, so yeah oil and tighten like they said and it might be good My 2 cents

nomojo
06-01-2004, 04:19 PM
if its the same problem thats happened to BOTH of the grand am's ive had over the years, its the one hex bolt located in the middle of the door frame on the car.. its top hinge, .... middle bolt that im referring to .... bottom hinge.. tighten that puppy up and you should be good to go.

*sigh*. yet another common problem with these cars ;)

RamAir
06-01-2004, 05:20 PM
alright thanks for all the advice and i'll post what works tonight when i get home from work

RamAir
06-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Well I tried it, i tightend anything i could (not really moved) and it still made the same sound, then i got desperate and WD40 it and now it's WORSE...Any more ideas or anyone know where i can get it fixed (other than dealer)

nomojo
06-01-2004, 09:51 PM
hrmmm. crummy.. welp, the way I found out where mine was coming from is I opened the door to the point where it started to make the noise, and slowly moved it twoards opened and closed right around that point (to make it creak the entire time).. while i was moving it, i looked for things that shouldnt be moving, or bending, etc. Thats how I located my problem, mebbe it will help u? just an idea.