stop the creaking... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : stop the creaking...

rizer
06-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Well, when im driving slow through a parking lot and the radios off so i can listen, my car sounds like im walking on a creaky old wood floor. What would that be a sign of to replace or is it just like that?

BiHStL
06-02-2004, 09:04 PM
i had a problem that sound kind of like that, had my sway bar replaced at the dealer, cost about 190 dollars, and the problem was fixed

flyboy9994
06-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Try greasing the bushings first before buying a new bar. Better yet, replace the bushings with polyurethane and use a silicone grease. No more squeeks and cheaper than a new bar for sure.

For what it's worth.

RD in AZ

2002AmSE
06-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Hmm, I had that under warrenty and they swapped my struts and bushing plates. It's funny though because they said that suspension components wouldnt be covered under warrenty and that they would call back with a quote but then we came back and the invoice said it was covered :-D

Oh yeah, I don't have a sway bar, so theres no way it was that, so don't think too quickly and diagnose it correctly. If mine needed was a bushing replacement I would have done that if i wasn't under warrenty, but im sure my dealer is greedy with its warrenty claims

BiHStL
06-03-2004, 08:53 PM
ok now that i listen carefully (Man i should have just kept my music loud) i do hear some sqeaks while diving places slowly like a parking lot. Anyways, what parts should i grease?

rizer
06-03-2004, 09:43 PM
ok now that i listen carefully (Man i should have just kept my music loud) i do hear some sqeaks while diving places slowly like a parking lot. Anyways, what parts should i grease?

Isnt it annoying? Sounds like someone trying to sneak on a old wood floor to the kitchen late at night

BiHStL
06-03-2004, 10:12 PM
very annoying, if i cant figure anything out by the end of summer when i save up some good money, i will take it to a pobtiac dealer. I do have a warranty but the deductible is high so i always feel like i am getting it up the a$$ :nono:
Hopefully i find something out by then so i can fix this problem myself.

BiHStL
06-03-2004, 10:14 PM
also to clear up an earlier post, i did not have my sway bar replaced, i hadf a part of it replaced, i dunno what it was called, but they said it was cracked, and it was making a wierds knocking, creaking noise. The noise i hear now is different