Remote start install recommendations [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Remote start install recommendations

HighHorseGAGT
10-24-2002, 02:44 PM
I'm getting a DEI remote start installed tomorrow and would appreciate any suggestions as to if there is anything specific I should let the installer know when I drop off the car. I am very anal when it comes to my car and have always done all maintenance/repair work myself because I don't trust anyone but myself. I am very nervous thinking to myself that he will probably have to drill a hole in the firewall......will he or could he use one of the factory holes? Where do you suggest I tell him to mount the relays and such inside of the engine compartment? I was thinking right in front of the coolant resevoir. Please if there is any suggestions let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

mi2kga
10-24-2002, 04:58 PM
The only thing going into the engine bay will be a tach. wire, and a hood pin, no relays! Let the man work, he should know what he is doing! I would also recomend not standing around watchin, this generally make installers nervous. Just let him know that this is your first nice car and you usually dont trust it to strangers, and thank him and give him a way to reach you when he is done!

Thats it

Kent

oldinstaller
10-24-2002, 07:49 PM
well said!!!:D

grass
10-24-2002, 08:55 PM
should you tip him? i hate going to places where people expect a tip and i dont give it to him b/c i dont know