which new tires to get? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : which new tires to get?

carsarecool
06-02-2004, 10:25 PM
i posted a few weeks ago about my fairly new tires making a lot of road noise and being cupped after i got them rotated, and only 18k miles-well the noise kind of went away but the left front started to wear real bad on the outside, the right one wore on the inside so i got an alignment. car drives straighter, but im just gonna get new tires tomorrow, what kind should i get? size 215/60/15 by the way. i think the cupping was originally caused by the back suspension so im gonna have them look at all of that too. last time i was there, they were gonna put on either BF Goodrich Comp T/A's or Yokohama's, i think that were around$60/tire. i want somethin thats gonna have good traction and a smooth ride- oh and i have Dunlop SP Sport A2's on now-they were real nice when i FIRST got them :nono: $#*! suspension!

AznGA
06-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Falken ZE 512. I hear good things about them.

carsarecool
06-03-2004, 11:47 AM
ok cool, and ive heard good stuff about Bridgestone potenza's too, i think a couple guys on here have them

Hexx
06-03-2004, 12:30 PM
i posted a few weeks ago about my fairly new tires making a lot of road noise and being cupped after i got them rotated, and only 18k miles-well the noise kind of went away but the left front started to wear real bad on the outside, the right one wore on the inside so i got an alignment. car drives straighter, but im just gonna get new tires tomorrow, what kind should i get? size 215/60/15 by the way. i think the cupping was originally caused by the back suspension so im gonna have them look at all of that too. last time i was there, they were gonna put on either BF Goodrich Comp T/A's or Yokohama's, i think that were around$60/tire. i want somethin thats gonna have good traction and a smooth ride- oh and i have Dunlop SP Sport A2's on now-they were real nice when i FIRST got them :nono: $#*! suspension!

I bought my car with Yokohama tires on it. I love them. All around great tires.

My car needs an alignment also :(

SC/TGrandAm
06-03-2004, 12:36 PM
im going to have to vote no for Falken tires.

AznGA
06-03-2004, 12:42 PM
why not?

SC/TGrandAm
06-03-2004, 12:48 PM
they arent that great of a performing tire. Wet traction sucks, Dry traction is acceptable but not that good.

Treadwear is horrable.

carsarecool
06-03-2004, 08:22 PM
yeah the falkens were nice, i liked 'em but they said the wet traction wasnt as good as a lot of other brands, i got Michelin Agility's- their wicked nice, its so much better ride quality, steering and less noise than the last ones