S&S Header Install [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : S&S Header Install

eric99gt
06-03-2004, 07:49 AM
Tried finding some stuff on this through a search but came up with nothing. The dipstick. It's in the way. What do I do, bend it????

iceman
06-03-2004, 08:29 AM
Take it out - should be one bolt there, then pull, hard.

eric99gt
06-03-2004, 09:39 AM
i'm gonna have to pay one of you guys to come on up here and help me get my damn car running again. shoulda known what i'd be gettin myself in to.

kubiache
06-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Dude it's not that hard. Just take the dipstick out. It took me and PontiacGT2k about 6 hours.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21578&highlight=S%26S

Post questions if you have any.

eric99gt
06-03-2004, 04:44 PM
eh finally got the damn things on. what a pita. how did you guys get the last stud on the top right side of the front manifold. My stud came out to far and the tip was against the header port. Couldn't get a nut on there so I had to cut the stud shorter.

Blackrider
06-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Eric did you Put the headers on the Heads when they where out of the car like I toled you? lol

kubiache
06-03-2004, 07:39 PM
eh finally got the damn things on. what a pita. how did you guys get the last stud on the top right side of the front manifold. My stud came out to far and the tip was against the header port. Couldn't get a nut on there so I had to cut the stud shorter.

HAHAHA...same thing happened to me. I think Andy put that one in. I still look at it and wonder.

eric99gt
06-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Eric did you Put the headers on the Heads when they where out of the car like I toled you? lol

ya ya ya....remembered that after I had already put the heads and the rear header on. I gotta get this thing running by june 18th. It's gonna be close. Thanks for the help guys

Blackrider
06-03-2004, 08:15 PM
ya ya ya....remembered that after I had already put the heads and the rear header on. I gotta get this thing running by june 18th. It's gonna be close. Thanks for the help guys
Aww you will do fine dood, I have faith

v6h.o.
06-04-2004, 05:48 PM

you take out the stud and use a Bolt in there instead. and you install the Bolt on FIRST, the reason you put it in first is that it can be bolted up with leaving the bolt tight against the header while the header slowly moves towards the head.

this is how i installed Jordies (blackriders) headers, well that and while they were off the car as well.