back-up light fuse [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : back-up light fuse

moyn
06-03-2004, 01:32 PM
can someone please tell me what the fuse is for the back-up lights? i'm pretty sure they aren't going on and last time i got my car serviced they replaced it for me. but i guess i popped it again. and go figure i call the dealership and they won't tell me b/c of course they want my money for labor for them to change a god damn fuse. so if anyone know's please fill me in. thanks
moyn

also any ideas what might keep popping this fuse? i notice some moisture in there, i'm sure that is it. any ideas of how to seal the moisture out? thanks again
moyn

Dan00GPGT
06-04-2004, 06:33 AM
The backup lights fuse is in the underhood fuse block. It's a 15 amp fuse. The backup lights and rear marker lights run off of this fuse.

Esco301
06-04-2004, 06:47 AM
is the parking light fuse under there too?

AznGA
06-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Are you talking about corner back ups?

Dan00GPGT
06-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Parking light fuse is seperate from the backup lights.

moyn
06-05-2004, 12:27 PM
i'm talking about my rear cornering lights and the other 2 back up lights they are in the brake light housing. we have 4 back up lights all clear. none of mine come on. i'll have to take a look under the hood and see which one is blown then. does anyone have an idea of how to stop the water from coming into the housing. any suggestions for some sealant or anything that might work? thanks again
moyn

just another note to clear up what lights they are. its just the 4 clear lights in the back of the car that go on when in reverse. everything else is working fine. just those bulbs are not lighting up

Mike Jung
06-05-2004, 09:49 PM
moyn,

Try another GM dealer.

You have a 2003 Grand AM, which has 3-year bumper-to-bumper warrenty for 36K miles.
If it is under the warrenty period, you pay nothing.

...also any ideas what might keep popping this fuse? i notice some moisture in there, i'm sure that is it. any ideas of how to seal the moisture out? thanks again
moyn
If the fuse is always going:
You have a short/ground in the lights wiring/bulb sockets.
Having water in/near any electrical is going to cause shorts!
Let the dealer deal with it.
& tell them it is poping fuses multiple times (/intermittently maybe) & there is water in the back-up lights.

I have had my bottom/corner back-up light housings replaced under warrenty for water tighteness & the chrome in the housing flaking off because of the water in it.

I have also had light bulbs replaced during oil changes for free under warrenty when the small 197 bulbs wear-out in the licence plate light, front parking & turning corner lights.