security.......WTF. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : security.......WTF.

coupe
06-04-2004, 01:14 PM
I think i made this thread before but i cant remember.
My security light comes on once in awhile and it wont let me start the car. I have to sit there for about 10 minutes until the security light stops blinking. Its embarrasing and annoying as hell. It only happens once in awhile but some times it will do it for like a week strait. Then some times ill go like 3 weeks and it wont happen at all. Some times it comes on when the car is already started and moving but when that happens the light dosent blink, its just on. I dont understand why this is happpening. Can anyone tell me anything about this? I dont understand what the security is suposed to do anyway, what purpose does it serve?

GAGT7386
06-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Do you have an after market security system?? I do and have that same problem sometimes. Or remote start that will do the same thing. All it does is shut off the fuel pressure to the engine (correct me if wrong). Sit 10 min til it stops flashing and restart. Pain in the a**!

coupe
06-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Actually i do have a remote starter. But it stoped workin and i disconected it....i think. Ill check it again. Thanks Trason.

coupe
06-04-2004, 01:27 PM
you have a PM to.

iceman
06-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Actually i do have a remote starter. But it stoped workin and i disconected it....i think. Ill check it again. Thanks Trason.

Make sure you didn't destroy the stock passlock connections then..

GAGT7386
06-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Yea if you had one but it stopped working I would take everything completely out. I was told that those a a huge cause of screw ups with our pass-lock systems. When you reconnect all the wire make sure they are all really well soddered together also the wires are very sensitive so don't just use butt - connectors.

digitalballz
06-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Mine does this all the time. No I dont have any alarm on it so I have no idea why it does this. Complete PITA.

pontga00
06-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Mine is the complete opposite. About 2 months after getting my remote starter, the security light came on. I have had no trouble starting the car, and both aftermarket alarm and remote starter work fine. The security light has been on ever since, for about 7 months now.

Helmut
06-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Passlock II is a piece of crap. Mine does this too, and I don't have a security system. I'm told that about the only way to fix it is to replace the ignition cylinder.

coupe
06-06-2004, 02:37 PM
no phuckin way. that cant be cheap.

im goin on about 2 weeks now with no problem. Its about time it does it to me again.

GAGT7386
06-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey all you have to do is replace the switch?? Has anyone tried this with success? If so how hard is it to replace??

coupe
06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
I guess we are just stuck with this forever.