FRAM SureDRAIN [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : FRAM SureDRAIN

GAGTSCTGuy
06-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Does anyone use this? If so, any comments?

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GN3011&Product_Count=17&Category_Code=GAUNDER

RamAir
06-04-2004, 07:46 PM
I didn't have it on my GA but my older pontiac, it was good for the summer (when my intake gasket blew and had to do 3 oil changes withing a month) but after one winter (canadian winter) the hose developed a crack and started to leak. If u just wanna leave it on for summer and stick your stock bolt on for winter I'd say it's great other, for all year round i wouldn't bother. Both ways u still have to get on the ground to change the oil. how hard is it to opperate a wrench:P

GAGTSCTGuy
06-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Its not hard to use a wrench, I was interested in having the hose to try to simplify the job a little. I figure for $12 it wouldn't be a huge waste, but I hadn't heard any comments on it till now.

CelticSkyhawk
06-04-2004, 09:41 PM
I put this on my car a while back. I've changed he oil once since then, and it works well. I'm not sure what RamAir means about the hose cracking. I only have the hose attached to the car for a change, the rest of the time its stowed in my toolbox. The part that remains on the car is metal and seems to be pretty hardy so far.

lightningGA
06-05-2004, 05:44 AM
I have it too......I think for the extra $12 it makes it alot easier. Not sure what RamAir is talking about either :confused:

tenspeed
06-05-2004, 05:53 AM
I got one at Pep Boys for about the same price. Waiting for my next oil change to install it.

GAGTSCTGuy
06-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Thanks guys, I'm going to order one from PFYC with my next order. And I don't really understand what RamAir is talking about either. I understand the hose is not suppose to be on all the time so I'm confused. Is it that cold in Canada?

dcb2001gt
06-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Try taking the hose off, it comes with a dust cover for the bolt that goes into the pan. You can not be that naive? I have it and it is way better than putting a wrench on the bolt.

tenspeed
06-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Why don't you get one at the auto parts store? It saves on shipping and they come in four sizes. You can be sure you have the correct one.