tranny prob!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : tranny prob!!

Carmaniac
06-04-2004, 11:00 PM
this only happens when the warm weather comes around. ok here is what happened the first time this occured. i went on a 20min trip and then i stopped at a gas station filled up and then when i put my car in drive it was just revving like it was in nuetral and it was moving very slow. then i heard a little pop and it went back to normal. then when i got to my destination i backed into a spot then put it in drive to line up and again the same thing happened. it has done this a quite a few times now. also when i do a couple 1/4 mile mile times on my g-timer it happens too. this only happens with warm weather. it did it last summer and now it is doing it again. it never happened in the winter. i was thinking maybe the transmission is getting to hot and i should get a transmission cooler, but i don't know. i only have 66,000 miles. someone help.

GreenGT3
06-04-2004, 11:32 PM
have you done the tranny flushes that is recconmended in the owners manual? it sounds like the tranny is going. i am sorry that I can't really help much except i would take it to a tranny shop and have them look at it.

Carmaniac
06-05-2004, 02:34 PM
i havent had any tranny flushes done since i got the car. i bought it used with 60,000 miles on it. i guess i will have to bring it in to get looked at.

cableguyx
06-07-2004, 10:04 PM
you know i was just reading thru some old posts and came across this one, and I can relate to this. However my GA is a 99 with 72,000 miles the car seemed to not want to go and i know that the engine was working fine so it had to be the tranny. But what I notice is if you start your vehcle and shift to gear within seconds of turning it on, I think that the tranny line isnt fully pressurized to start shifting gears ( I dont know much about the mechanics of a car but thats what i feels like.) I also notice that if you gently apply pressure to the gas pedal when the tranny seems to be restrictive, that it will slowly allow you resume normal driving operation.

Carmaniac
06-08-2004, 06:00 PM
you know i was just reading thru some old posts and came across this one, and I can relate to this. However my GA is a 99 with 72,000 miles the car seemed to not want to go and i know that the engine was working fine so it had to be the tranny. But what I notice is if you start your vehcle and shift to gear within seconds of turning it on, I think that the tranny line isnt fully pressurized to start shifting gears ( I dont know much about the mechanics of a car but thats what i feels like.) I also notice that if you gently apply pressure to the gas pedal when the tranny seems to be restrictive, that it will slowly allow you resume normal driving operation.

that is exaclty what i noticed how do u fix it?

cableguyx
06-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Like I said before, if you wait a few seconds after starting the car before shifting it should be alright.