fuel filter [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter

kevin231
06-06-2004, 08:40 AM
does it matter what type of fuel filter you use, cause i was at walmart and they sell the fram filter for $14 will it make any difference on my car?

Blackrider
06-06-2004, 09:55 AM
does it matter what type of fuel filter you use, cause i was at walmart and they sell the fram filter for $14 will it make any difference on my car?
Just go out and get an AC Delco one, I wouldent bother messing around with the aftermarket for this part, They are like 20 bucks

tammikm
06-06-2004, 09:58 AM
how do ii install the fuel filter?

Blackrider
06-06-2004, 10:13 AM
well you have a 2001 thank god, pre 2001's where a pain in the ass.
But first you need to locate the fuel Filter witch is infrount or behind the fuel tank, Cant remeber its been a wile. Make sure you take the pressure out of the fuel rails. you do that by finding the test port on the rails take the cap off and using rags and something pointy press the stem in.

then slide under the car and find the green tab on the long skinny end of the fuel filer and pop the green tab open, then using a flat screw driver push the clip out and then pull the fuel filer off that end of the line. Fuel is going to spray a few feet so be carful. then take a wrench and take the other side off. To replace just do everything in revurse order. turn the key to "on" look for leaks make sure the exhaust systen is not coverd in fuel. then start the car. It will make sense when you see it