High Pitched Squeel From Front left wheel area [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : High Pitched Squeel From Front left wheel area

Rba007
06-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Symptoms:

Seems to be random, im getting a high pitched squeal (almost metal on metal) from the front left wheel.

Id think brake pads, but this doesnt only occur when im on the brakes. Just randomly as im going down the road, itll squeal for a few seconds then stop. As im driving down my bigass hill driveway, it will squeal once I hit the bottom (although im on the brakes all the way down, and it doesnt squeal until im already down the hill really.

Wierd huh? Ive got two days off including today, so any help so i could get this stupid thing fixed would be awesome. THANKS

iceman
06-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Does this happen when you floor it from a dead stop as well?? Because I seem to have that problem too then :D

I dunno why your pads would make that noise when not on the brakes, take everything apart and inspect it. Can't hurt.

action
06-07-2004, 07:20 AM
crap caught between the pads and rotors, or brake pads starting to get bad. When the pads are gettin bad the squeelers will touch every now and then

Rba007
06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Hmph. Guess ive just never had the brakes make all that noise when im not using em. Its at a really cheap yet good shop here in town, so ill let them fiddle with it. Thanks Guys, ill let you know if it turns out to be anything else.

Time for my powerslots to die anyway. Had them turned a while ago by a shop that said they could turn the slotted rotors. They did alright, but there arent really any "slots" left. So, generic rotors here i come!