Rewire Passenger side window? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rewire Passenger side window?

#20DaMan
06-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Does anybody know if and how you can rewire the passenger side window so that it will go down with one touch just like the drivers side does?

e2helper
06-07-2004, 02:47 PM
The driver window switch has special circuitry in it to do this function for driver door only. So no real easy way to do what you would want. Maybe someone has come up with a method though.........

juanvan
06-10-2004, 08:23 AM
modify a driver side switch from a coupe
Don't think its been done..
g/l

Magnum
06-10-2004, 11:57 AM
I did this with an add-on module from DEI - it adds 1 touch operation to any 2 windows in both directions (up and down). It also will close the windows automatically when you leave the car. check www.directed.com for more info.

If this isn't what you're looking for, other options include getting another driver's window switch and using/modding it, or check out www.the12volt.com for ideas - I think there may even be a tutorial on this.

#20DaMan
06-18-2004, 08:53 AM
I did this with an add-on module from DEI - it adds 1 touch operation to any 2 windows in both directions (up and down). It also will close the windows automatically when you leave the car. check www.directed.com for more info.

If this isn't what you're looking for, other options include getting another driver's window switch and using/modding it, or check out www.the12volt.com for ideas - I think there may even be a tutorial on this.

Where on the website was this? Did it have a special name? I might try the modified drivers side window switch, but if there is a module out there, I might go that route.

Magnum
06-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Where on the website was this? Did it have a special name? I might try the modified drivers side window switch, but if there is a module out there, I might go that route.

Don't remember where exactly, it was over a year ago I read it... The tutorial isn't specific for windows though - something about creating a continuous output from a pulsed input until interrupted, with relays. It wasn't worth my time to do it this way, so for 50 or so $$, the module was the way to go. DEI also has a good warranty and EXCELLENT customer support.

#20DaMan
06-21-2004, 08:47 AM
By DEI, I assume you mean the directed site? Where on this site, who mkes it? Thanks

Magnum
06-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Yes, DEI as in Directed Electronics Incorporated, as it states on their website www.directed.com . Once again, I researched this all well over a year ago - I'm only providing what I can remember off the top of my head. P/N 530T is the window roll-up module I used.