Interior Lights wont work!! ASAP help!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lights wont work!! ASAP help!!

Pimpsupp247
06-07-2004, 03:44 PM
OK heres what happened, i got my leds from superbrightleds.com today, i go to install em, first the trunk, goes and works fine, then the dome light, works, then the map lights, which were a big bitch to get out and put in. I got the first one in working and eveything, then the second one was a problem. I gave up after a little and i went to check the lights i had in so far and nothing worked!! All my interior lights will NOT work now!! My locks lock though. My headlights and brake lights work luckily. CD player works, Gear shifter works, Head dash lights up, Just all interior lights not working. I dont know if i blew a fuse or what???? I dont know how to check or nothing, but pleeeeease i need help ASAP.

Rba007
06-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Look in your owners manual for the location of the various fuses that control your interior lights, check those first.

Pimpsupp247
06-07-2004, 04:05 PM
is there a way i could of knocked a wire out or something? I did have a flathead screwdriver

NaturalKonc3pt
06-07-2004, 09:05 PM
on the drivers side of the dash on the outside part thats enclosed when you shut the door there is a little cover that has all the fuses in it. there should be a fuse diagram on the little cover. find the one that says "int lmps" then change the fuse w/ a new one and see if that works. if not then maybe the light bulbs are a diff wattage from the stock ones. and if any wires got knocked loose your best bet would be that its a grounding wire.

Pimpsupp247
06-07-2004, 09:54 PM
where do u go to get the new fuse, and about how much is it?

sicc
06-07-2004, 10:25 PM
its most likely your cruise control fuse. and theres a replacement fuse in your fusebox.

Panacea
06-08-2004, 04:09 AM
Make sure you didn't accidently turned the dimmer switch all the way down.

AaronGAGT
06-08-2004, 04:35 AM
where do u go to get the new fuse, and about how much is it?

lol An auto parts store might have fuses. Thats where I would start.... and if for some reason you dont have luck there... just about any store that sells a little of everything has them too... ie Walmart, Meijer's, Menards, etc. *welcome*

e2helper
06-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Just make sure you get the right kind. There are different styles. The ones in that vehicle used for interior lights are called MINI fuses. Sizes range from 2 A up to 30 Amp so make sure you replace it with the right size as well. Course you need to find one that is blown first. Interior Lamps fuse is in fuse center on end of instrument panel - right side (I am pretty sure). It is a 10 Amp fuse (RED).

New fuses are cheap - its one of those things you pay more for the packaging then what the part costs.

Hopefully you did just short something out and not overtax your system with too much wattage with the new bulbs.

Pimpsupp247
06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
it cant be cruise control switch cuz it works fine and it lights up and everything. Im thinking i messed something up when i put the screw driver in the map lights and hit this metal peice or something, i dont kno...any other suggestions? How do i tell if the fuse im looking at in the control pannel is blown? thanks so far guys.

sicc
06-08-2004, 11:04 PM
i wouldnt ask advice if you know the answer. i blew all my interior lights when installing led blinkers, as well as other people on this board, and it was the cruise control fuse. open your fusebox on the the driver side dor, pull the cruise control fuse out corresponding to the diagram on the cover, and if theres a break in the metal piece it is blown. im almost positive this is your problem