pulling e brake [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : pulling e brake

BiHStL
06-08-2004, 05:48 PM
i have searched and i couldnt find anything so here is my question. I was braking from about 40 mph, when i was about 30, still braking, the dumb focktard in my passangers seat pulls my e brake up half way, i hear the ding ding ding but since i was braking anyways, i didnt really feel it. Well i am so picky about my baby (the gt) that i got ****ed and so to make me calm down he took me in his cavi and pulle dhis ebrake a couple of times to show me its ok. Anyways, can it cause any damage from when he pulled it, im almost positive its ok, im just paranoid? :nono:

Ant
06-08-2004, 05:53 PM
well, whoever that is, is a complete idiot, and if it was me, he wouldn't be in MY car again. it should have hurt much, being thats what it's supposed to be used for anyway, if your regular brakes fail. i wouldn't worry about it......it's doing powerslides and such that'll kill it.

BiHStL
06-08-2004, 05:57 PM
ok thanks man i was just a little worried, my car didnt slide of anything i am just paranoid. Thanks again

rizer
06-08-2004, 06:07 PM
ok thanks man i was just a little worried, my car didnt slide of anything i am just paranoid. Thanks again

I hear ya, i had a buddy do that to me also and first thing that came to mind was the 600 bucks i spent on the tires

BiHStL
06-08-2004, 06:08 PM
o man that must have suucked, if my car would have skidded at all, he would have been walkin home

Ant
06-08-2004, 06:15 PM
o man that must have suucked, if my car would have skidded at all, he would have been walkin home

well, it wouldn't have been as bad as you thought (assuming you don't lose control or anything like that), just a little flat spot on your tires that you wouldn't even notice. you probably know, but just for kicks, i'll outline it for you:

The e-brake makes the rear wheels do what all 4 wheels would do on a car with no ABS: it locks them up.....completely. so what would happen would be your rear wheels would just be dragging, grinding away rubber in one spot on the tire.

rizer
06-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Although e-brakes are hella fun in snow :)