Car Stereo advice, system I have in which car? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car Stereo advice, system I have in which car?

black99gt
10-25-2002, 05:37 AM
Well im storing the GA for 5-6 months regardless of what other kind of car or truck i owned.

But this is my confusion here.

The Talon has a POS aftermarkey HU and POS speakers. If im going to be driving this car for the next 5 months... should i go ahead and move the system from my Grand Am into the talon?

I think i would move the 6X9s and the 6.5s and BOTH of my amps. But im not sure what im going to do with my 2 10's. The Talon DOESNT have a trunk that can TOTALY hide its contents. So do i really want some people walking by and noticing 2 amps and a sub box back there?? This car WILL BE parked outside.

GA sounds bad ass, Talon sound like ass hehe. What do i do? I want a sub in the talon if i move that stuff, so i would have to figure out a way to HIDE 1 10" probly. (no big deal)

But on another note. The talon has AWSOME locations for speakers!! The rears point rite at you so they dont hit the window or anything, you sit low enough to hear the doors REALLY well, AND there is a spot for smaller speakers near the front window!! Add those up and throw in 2 more tweaters mounted, and DIZZAMMNN what a sound system i could have!

What should i do guys? I dont care about the extra work.

Bob
10-25-2002, 06:30 AM
I'd leave the GA setup like it is, and just put some nice speakers in the Talon. If you need the bass in the Talon, make sure you do it discreetly with a single 10" or 12". Or, but a nice BOV on it and listen to that all day.

black99gt
10-25-2002, 06:46 AM
Ide kinda like to swap it since they will just sit.

If i need bass I can just add a Base Tube i guess? I just move one of my amps over. That WOULD BE the easier way. I can hide a bass tube MUCH easier.

The stock 1g BOV is the only thing i need.

And believe me.. I added an intake to it 2 days ago, ITTTSS ALLLIIIVVEEE!!! DAMN, nothing like spoolin up, letting off and hearing a "PPSSSHHH" ! I cant imagine what it sounds like OUTSIDE the car :eek: ya baby lol

Bob
10-25-2002, 08:49 AM
A swap would work assuming the speakers are the same size, and you feel like pulling the door panels apart. If that is the case, do the swap, but I'd still stay the way of a concealed 10", or a tube. No use in putting a big sign in the back of the car that says, "Break into me and steal me."

black99gt
10-25-2002, 09:04 AM
The doors on the GA are already off and speaker are exposed.

The speakers are the same size in both cars yes. It would be worth it wouldnt it.

I might just go ahead and do it. Or I could just by another amp and put a bass tube back there.

We'll see i guess.

GregFarz78
10-25-2002, 09:56 AM
You dont need a box and amp in the talon its for speed not bass :thumbs:

I'd just get some pioneer 3 ways for the rear and 2 ways for the front. Can probably pick up all 4 speakers for $150 total. Worst comes to worst get a basslink it only weighs 15lbs comparted to 40lb+with a box/amp/sub