Help! Car wont start, security light blinking... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help! Car wont start, security light blinking...

rizer
06-11-2004, 04:46 PM
So i hop into my car, go to start it and it kinda started for one sec, then went back to trying to kick over. Whole time the security is blinking. I get out and lock doors, the light still blinks. I get in, try to start it, the light keeps blinking. I switched keys and tried that, no go.

ANy help please?

tammikm
06-11-2004, 06:32 PM
my security light came on today also while i was driving on the highway, after i shut it off it didnt come back on? wtf??

rizer
06-11-2004, 06:33 PM
lol, how weird. Is it still not starting? I just tried it again (hours later) and it still wont start.

rizer
06-11-2004, 07:52 PM
man, no one can help? Im suppose to take of early in the morning :(

Vintalage
06-11-2004, 08:37 PM
My guess is it has something to do with the passlock. The engine won't turn over because passlock is engaged. I don't know why.

2Dambad
06-11-2004, 08:47 PM
So i hop into my car, go to start it and it kinda started for one sec, then went back to trying to kick over. Whole time the security is blinking. I get out and lock doors, the light still blinks. I get in, try to start it, the light keeps blinking. I switched keys and tried that, no go.

ANy help please?
Put the key in the ignition for 10-20 minutes, or until the security light goes out. Dont try to start it, or do anything else, just put the key in the ignition.

It explains this procedure in your owners manual.

rizer
06-11-2004, 09:27 PM
turn the key to access? Or just stick it in with no turning?

2Dambad
06-11-2004, 09:32 PM
turn the key to access? Or just stick it in with no turning?
I think turn it to acc, but do what the manual says.

Mike Jung
06-11-2004, 10:35 PM
^

Got to leave the key in the ON position.

& while your at it (while waiting) to save your car battery: turn everything off & pull your parking brake (for no DRL or ALC)

rizer
06-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys, that seemed to work.

Why exactly does it do this?

trugt
06-15-2004, 09:48 AM
your car is gonna keep doing that until you get your security system reprogramed. when the security light blinks you have to wait exactly 10 min for the light to turn off. sometimes it will blink again just wait another ten and try again its a pain in the a$$ ive waited at the gas station for 30 min one time cuz it tripped three times. if i were you i would take it to the dealer and get it reprogramed asap oh yea you dont have to leave your keys in the car you just have to wait for the ligh to stop blinking.