CAI it is! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : CAI it is!

NyC GrandAmGT
06-11-2004, 10:10 PM
so i decided to order my cai from doctorspeed.com.....i cant wait to see how my car runs with it....i also ordered the 180 thermostat.....how well does the thermostat work? i have a 2000 gt and the car is usually running like two ticks above 200.....will the thermostat keep my engine from getting the hot?

rizer
06-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Sweet, i was lookin at Dr's CAI also. What stage did you get?

GAGTSCTGuy
06-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Dr. Speed CAI's are great, I got mine about two weeks ago. And a word of advice when installing, you might want to take the battery out sooner than suggested.

xxbackhillxx
06-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Sweet, i was lookin at Dr's CAI also. What stage did you get?

im going out on a limb and saying stage 3 considering stage 1 n 2 are wai

rizer
06-12-2004, 11:03 AM
lol, i wasnt even thinking.

RAZE
06-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Dr. Speed CAI's are great, I got mine about two weeks ago. And a word of advice when installing, you might want to take the battery out sooner than suggested.

do you mean disconnect the battery? I don't recall removing the battery to install my intake.

GAGTSCTGuy
06-12-2004, 11:27 AM
In the Dr. instructions he recommends it on the second page(I think its when your playing in the fender), but I found it made life alot easier to have it out from the start. You have more room to work, and getting the airbox out can be a pain otherwise.

rizer
06-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Anyone sell splash shields for the CAI's? I really dont wanna take a chance

Dr_Kyle
06-12-2004, 12:08 PM
It's very well protected inside the fenderwell. You shouldn't need any additional protection.

trugt
06-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Im still wondering if it is worth getting the 180 stat

elim
06-15-2004, 09:51 AM
I can atest, the DoCTor'S products are quality! The only thing I had trouble with in installing my CAI was getting the last freakin screw unscrewed near the front of the car...one of the screws that holds the resonator on. There was like little to no room to maneuver my socket wrench. Got it off finally, but man it was a pain.

GAGTSCTGuy
06-15-2004, 12:04 PM
I can atest, the DoCTor'S products are quality! The only thing I had trouble with in installing my CAI was getting the last freakin screw unscrewed near the front of the car...one of the screws that holds the resonator on. There was like little to no room to maneuver my socket wrench. Got it off finally, but man it was a pain.

I just left that piece, I removed the piece that was not screwed in. I read somewhere to just leave it. I also read that to take that out (atleast easily) you have to remove the headlight.