Door trim peice [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Door trim peice

MegaHyp
06-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi guys, i have a question about the black trim peices on the door and the one that is next to the little window on a 2 door. i was wondering how hard it is to take them off because the paint is chipping off all over them and i want to get them repainted black. any body ever take these off?

BTarb24
06-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Mines also chipping so i just went out to see how to take them off. If you open your door and lift up on the rubber seal thats RIGHT next to the black trip piece you will notice that there are 3 screws. Once you remove these 3 screws you can just peel the trim piece off. The other side(without screws, by little window) is just held down by double stick adhesive.

MegaHyp
06-13-2004, 08:42 AM
i think i might go buy some black paint today and redo them, also maybe pick up some double sided tape while im at it so i can put them back on. thanks for the reply.

jer_stud56
06-13-2004, 08:51 AM
my door trim is broken (before I owned it) and mine needs to be replaced. I've already looked at it and it doesn't seem very hard to remove. I've also had to remove my friend's (99+ ga) to put in his power wire and rca's for his amp. It's fairly easy - but getting it back on with the wires in there is kinda hard. G'luck.

MegaHyp
06-13-2004, 08:53 AM
how did you peel it off? i pulled back my rubber stripping and there was 2 little tiny screws, one at the top and bottom. i unscrewed them and the trim peice still wouldnt budge at all. am i missing something?

MegaHyp
06-13-2004, 08:57 AM
so there is no confusion this is the 2 peices of trim i am trying to remove(the part i circled in red :) )

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MegaHyp/door_trim.jpg

BTarb24
06-13-2004, 09:03 AM
There are 3 screws. Top, Bottom, and one in the middle. Musta missed the middle one?

MegaHyp
06-13-2004, 09:08 AM
There are 3 screws. Top, Bottom, and one in the middle. Musta missed the middle one?

mine only has 2, i dont know maybe the SE is different, but i know for sure there are only 2. they are pretty small screws right? not even an inch long.

BTarb24
06-13-2004, 09:14 AM
yea, less than an inch long, pretty normal for a car screw tho. And if you dont have a third screw and it still wont budge then i am not sure. You might be right about there being a difference in design between SE and GT. i guess just tug on it lightly and see if you can tell where its still attached?

BTarb24
06-13-2004, 09:57 AM
heres what mine looks like. You can see the three screws easily. The middle one is somewhat lower that the actual middle of the trim piece.

MegaHyp
06-13-2004, 01:50 PM
mine is completely different than that pic, weird.

tenspeed
06-13-2004, 05:21 PM
I think that graphicworks sell a vinyl piece to cover it. You dont have to remove it.