Funky Rear Speakers [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Funky Rear Speakers

BTarb24
06-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Over the last couple months the entire rear channel has been cutting in and out. It appears to work whenever the temperature is warmer.

Today i decided to finally fix the problem. I have narrowed the issue down to both speakers. Each speaker gets the audio feeds perfectly. I even connected a wire directly to the speakers wire terminals themselvs and then connected the other end of the wire to a pair of headphones i had handy and the audio came out without a hitch through the headphones... the speaker still has no sound.

I removed the speaker completely from the back deck and disconnected it from the clip connector. I attached a wire to the clip connector and then attached the other ends of the wire to the speaker terminals... no sound! I once again tried it with a pair of headphones and the sound worked.

The problem is within the speaker, both of the rears, but what the heck could it be?? I would say they are both just screwed up, but how could they have such a rare problem at the same time? Also, theres the part about them coming back in warm weather. Anyone have ANY suggestions at all? Even a wild one is appreciated. Thanks

2000GA
06-13-2004, 08:41 AM
if the wire terminals on the speakers touch the metal "basket" of the rear deck then they will ground out and not work.

BTarb24
06-13-2004, 08:43 AM
yup i checked that and made completely sure nothign was touching, still wont work. Good idea though. Any others?

BTarb24
06-13-2004, 12:32 PM
i left both of them out in the sun for an hour and they both worked perfectly.. left one out in the sun and hid the other in shade... shaded one didnt work. Anyone ever heard of this before? I guess im down to just a set of speaker replacements now.