Horn works, doesn't work, works again, doesn't work again [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Horn works, doesn't work, works again, doesn't work again

akeller
06-14-2004, 07:33 AM
My horn is on the fritz in my car. Sometimes it will work when I push on the steering wheel other times it does not. The horn always works when I push the "lock" button on my keychain. I am thinking that there is a bad connection in the steering wheel itself. Does anyone know of a quick fix? If not, I can just take it back to the dealer since my car is only 4 months old. But I hate dealing w/ them and would rather fix it myself. Thanks in advance.

brsexton
06-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Had the samething in my 03 Alero. There also was a rattle in the steering wheel where the air bag is. Sometimes the horn would work other times it would not. Sometimes you could hardly touch the horn button and it would blow. Then one day while the car was sitting in the hot sun, the horn started blowing by its self!!! Then it blew a fuse. I took it in and they replaced the drivers air bag unit. And that fixed it.

HotLikeFire
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Sounds like my blinkers. They have mood swings, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

akeller
06-14-2004, 10:22 AM
brsexton, was it all covered under your warranty? I am thinking I am going to have to break down and go to the dealer as much as I hate to. Thanks for the response brsexton.

brsexton
06-15-2004, 06:38 PM
brsexton, was it all covered under your warranty? I am thinking I am going to have to break down and go to the dealer as much as I hate to. Thanks for the response brsexton.

Yep, it was covered. The bill was almost $800. I was sure glad I did not have to pay it.

chavezgt
06-30-2004, 02:15 PM
..So were you told what was wrong with it?