My Car is Dieing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My Car is Dieing

SHOman
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Over the past 2 months my car has been through hell......i've had both front hub assemblies replaced......O2 sensor replaced....and $2600 worth of transmission work. I took my car back in last friday beacuse of an SES and my car felt like it had half the power. I couldn't notice anything wrong with it until I hit the gas hard. The car barely accelerates, it feels faster when pressing the pedal half way down than pressing it to the floor. They replaced the fuel filter and sent me on my way. I drove the car that night and the first time i put the pedal to the floor, the car accelerated like crap and the SES light came on agian. Also last night the car was idling a little erratically in the driveway. Im taking the car back in tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas on possible reasons for this?

iceman
06-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Ignition system or clogged injectors would be my first guess.

DragonRampage
06-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Just has that exact same problem with my car last week. Erratic idling, no power, no acceleration and the SES light was on. Turns out it was a blown head gasket. Watch out for the white smoke, turns out I was burning a bit of coolant. Replaced the gasket on the weekend and voila. Good as new. Nice to I'm not the only one with a junk GAGT. Mine has had both front hubs assemblies replaced, both front calipers, crankcase gasket, over $1000 worth of transmission repairs, I am on my third signal light relay (including the recall), and now the head gasket.

fo44rd
06-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Over the past 2 months my car has been through hell......i've had both front hub assemblies replaced......O2 sensor replaced....and $2600 worth of transmission work. I took my car back in last friday beacuse of an SES and my car felt like it had half the power. I couldn't notice anything wrong with it until I hit the gas hard. The car barely accelerates, it feels faster when pressing the pedal half way down than pressing it to the floor. They replaced the fuel filter and sent me on my way. I drove the car that night and the first time i put the pedal to the floor, the car accelerated like crap and the SES light came on agian. Also last night the car was idling a little erratically in the driveway. Im taking the car back in tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas on possible reasons for this?

tAKE YOUR CAR TO AUTOZONE....THEY WILL TELL YOU WHY YOUR SES IS ON FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SECOND.....STOP TAKING YOUR CAR TO THE DEALER............OR STOP TAKING IT TO WHATEVER CON MAN CHARGED YOU $2,600 FOR A TRANNIE.....A FAIR PRICE FOR THAT JOB IS $1,500 FROM AN INDEPENDANT SHOP...............$800-900 IF YOU KNOW PEOPLE......$2,600.....I SMELL A DEALER OR AMMCO IN THIS ONE!!!!!!!!

PLEASE DO TELL WHO CHARGED YOU THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breadfan
06-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Dude I think your caps lock is stuck on.

BiHStL
06-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Maybe he is yelling

SHOman
06-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Well my car is ready. They said my injectors were clogged. They also say it drives 100% better, so we'll see tomorrow morning when i pick it up (can't get down there right now).

tAKE YOUR CAR TO AUTOZONE....THEY WILL TELL YOU WHY YOUR SES IS ON FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SECOND.....STOP TAKING YOUR CAR TO THE DEALER............OR STOP TAKING IT TO WHATEVER CON MAN CHARGED YOU $2,600 FOR A TRANNIE.....A FAIR PRICE FOR THAT JOB IS $1,500 FROM AN INDEPENDANT SHOP...............$800-900 IF YOU KNOW PEOPLE......$2,600.....I SMELL A DEALER OR AMMCO IN THIS ONE!!!!!!!!

PLEASE DO TELL WHO CHARGED YOU THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know if I was paying $2,600 "American" it would be a total rip off......but I live in Canada.....so after converting the currency over to american and minus the 15% tax I paid, the total would be close to $1,500.....

fo44rd
06-16-2004, 03:17 AM
Well my car is ready. They said my injectors were clogged. They also say it drives 100% better, so we'll see tomorrow morning when i pick it up (can't get down there right now).

I know if I was paying $2,600 "American" it would be a total rip off......but I live in Canada.....so after converting the currency over to american and minus the 15% tax I paid, the total would be close to $1,500.....

Very well......I hate to see anyone ripped off or go to the dealer and pay for service work....ooppppps, same difference...................good luck............

Keep us updated if the problem is fixed!!!!!!!

BREADFAN.........................I was yelling....................I was ****ed................I almost fell out of my chair when I saw $2600 for a trannie, until SHOman explained it to me..................I am passonate............about painted mirrors, new car dealer service departments a dime out of me or anyone else for that matter (you NEVER get quility work out of commishion based auto repair facilities) (SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL REPAIR SHOP), and my republican ways......actually libertarian....but they don't stand a chance, so I go with the next best alternative!!!!!!!

:boogie:

SHOman
06-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I just picked up my car and it runs like a champ agian! :boogie: They flushed the injectors and changed the sparkplugs and wires (its been a while since my last tune up).
Its nice to have a car the gets up to speed when I want it to. Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it.

iceman
06-16-2004, 10:52 AM
I just picked up my car and it runs like a champ agian! :boogie: They flushed the injectors and changed the sparkplugs and wires (its been a while since my last tune up).
Its nice to have a car the gets up to speed when I want it to. Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it.

Good to hear (that your car is fixed and I didn't give bad advice) :) :cheers:

fo44rd
06-17-2004, 02:14 AM

I know it sounds like overkill......but i ran a fleet very sucessfully under a 30,000 mile tune-up interval.........what does a set of plugs and wires run at autozone? $50 the first time.......$18 thereafter, because the wires are lifetime warranty............piece of mind....priceless

GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE SUCCESS

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

99GTPOS
06-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Nice to I'm not the only one with a junk GAGT

No, unfortunately I'm right there with you.
:violin
With all the tranny problems I hear about in my little bit of time here, I'm wondering if these cars were meant to be run as hard as the motors will allow. Anyone else want RWD to come back?