Loss of torque, engine performance [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Loss of torque, engine performance

Marksman
06-15-2004, 04:30 AM
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that my engine is not producing near as much torque as it used to. I used to be able to do burnouts anywhere but now I'm lucky to get a squeak on a cold morning. It feels like the engine is bogging down off of any launch and it's not until about 3500 RPM that I feel any pull. The only related mods I have are a CAI and a CAI tuned Pro-M MAF. I think somehow the culprit may be the Pro-M so I'll probably start there. I may even go back to stock just to see what kind of a difference I feel.
The car just does not have the balls it used to. Could this be a sign of other engine problems not related to mods? Compression perhaps?
I'm going to start working on it tomorrow afternoon and see what I come up with.
Thanks

juanvan
06-15-2004, 11:02 AM
U have a 97 with how many miles?
How long has the Pro-MAF been on?

plugs, wires?

Compression u would notice a diffrence threw out the bands if the psi was dropped 10-20 bls in 1 cylinder, or if one cylinder was dead.

Watch doing the burnouts u'r car might throw a tire at you or something lol

Marksman
06-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I have a little under 72,000 miles on her right now. I've had the Pro-M for about 4-5 months. Plugs were changed not long ago and the wires looked fine, however there could be a problem and I wouldn't see it.
I think I'll reset the ECM and see what happens. I may even go back to the old MAF for a bit too. It just feels like the whole car has been going downhill.