Anyone else's headlight point up into the trees? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's headlight point up into the trees?

99GTPOS
06-17-2004, 07:23 AM
I bought my 99 used, and I am thinking it has been hit in the front end at one time. The driver's side headlight has always pointed up into the trees on the passenger side. I adjusted it when I replaced the bulb, but it is almost hanging out of the car when it points straight. Anyone else here ever seen anything like this?

Black03SC/T
06-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Yup, I had that happen when I put my Xenon Farenheit bulbs it, ended up sayin screw it and took it to the dealer to have them aim the lights, cost me about $40, and last week I had to order a whole new set of angel eyes becuase I broke my first set somehow, and again I tried to aim the headlights when I put them back in, so it looks like I will be making another trip to the dealer.

iceman
06-17-2004, 07:50 AM
The headlights are probably not seated right.. or just plain old aimed wrong. You can do it yourself, check the how-to section for both.

Sleepwalkr
06-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah.... check to see if the bulb itself is in there nice and straight, lining up with the black cylinder thing in the housing. I broke my retainer ring a couple of years ago, then put the bulb back in with electrical tape. After about a year, the tape became a little loose causing it to "sag" down a little which made the beam of light shine upwards.

Doctor Ouchie
06-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Ever since I changed my bulbs my lights have been aimed a little high. When I put Silverstars in, they seemed to even themselves out, just a bit higher than stock. People usually flash their high-beams at me with low-beams on.

My problem might be that I'm missing the black coupling rings that secure the bulb to the headlight assembly. The first GA's of our generation have the real cheap and thin ones. GM's revised the design with a beefier part, which you can order from their parts site.