Lemon Law [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Law

DXP
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Has anyone gone through the process of the Lemon Law for their car????

I have done a search but didn't get what i already know about it.

I need to know where to start.

I plan on fileing for these darn Rotors on my 2001 Grand am GT.

I already know what the law states in PA. I just need insite on where to begin.

Thanks

AznGA
06-17-2004, 10:51 AM
You think your car is a lemon just cause of rotors?

BiHStL
06-17-2004, 11:02 AM
everyone has warped rotors. Either pray you have less then 18k miles, or go raise some hell at the dealership. Tell them that its crap, threaten to call the bbb, call GM, tell them warped rotors are a hazard. I dont think your car will quality as a lemon, i also have warped rotor, im saving money right now to replace them

DXP
06-17-2004, 01:22 PM
It is not just my Rotors I have had 26 major things replaced and/or repared on my car since i purchased it new in 2001. For a total of 15 times to the dealer.

When you get warped rortors over and over again, Something has to be done.

This last time it was dangerous to slow down at 40mph or more because the steering wheel shacked rapidy as well as the rest of the Car.

My 72 Chevy Nova with a straight six in it has had less major promblems with it and that was used not a brand new car like my GT.

The rortors went bad 3 times and it has become a safty issue for me and others.

Thats why i feel it quilifies as a lemon

BiHStL
06-17-2004, 11:28 PM
ohh man didnt know you had all those problems, wow i feel very lucky now with my car. Yes i agree, the warped rotors can get very dangerous, It is a safety issue GM should do something.

BiHStL
06-17-2004, 11:30 PM
sorry about not answering your first post, but i reall y dont know anything about the lemon law so i have no idea where you should start. good luck with everything though, hope evrything works out ok for you in the end.

juanvan
06-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Call the lemon law 800 line. Provide all the recipts of the work you had done with the car, and poof the lemon shall be squeased ;)

What "major" work has been done with the car ~ rotors are not major
Has to be like, engine, transmission, body joints, paint stuff like that

When we use to sell Sea-Doo's, we tried to get the HX models under the lemon law in pa b/c of the exhaust manifolds would rattle/crack loose after every 5 hrs of riding.
Use to put the strongest loc-tight, and tourqe them down over spec, with locking nuts and they would still free them selfs.
But they never made it under the law, because there were no other "major" problems with the units. (the only 2 had the same problem)
Good luck

XMBlackGT1
06-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Ive done it on 2 cars, and won on both of them. First one was a 2000 SE1, and the second car was a 2003 Celica GTS by Toyota. Both times it came out in my favor. You must have patience when doing this though- its not a fast process. Email me for more details.

botlfed
06-18-2004, 10:27 AM
I believe there is a limit on filing

The claim must be filed within 1 year of being New
and the car must have 25,000 miles or less

Pretty much SOL with a 2001 car

Kdawg207
06-18-2004, 10:30 AM
plus, the issues have to be repetative...example...bad motor three times.

not a list of things....all which happened once..

i may be wrong, but i think so

DXP
06-18-2004, 11:10 AM
The Pa lemon state it must be file within four years of purchase.

Brother's1999
06-18-2004, 12:28 PM

Every new car I have seen for sale (here in the northeast) has had a lemon law infomation label attached to it, and copies had to be provided at the time of delivery. This info summarizes the laws and have the state agency that oversees it listed. Check you purchase paperwork to see if you received simular things.

You could also do a internet search and come up with various "Lemon Law" laws firms.

Or check out the state web sites for consumer affairs or attorney general.

These should point you in the general starting direction.

It would surprise me that you have such a long time to file as from what I have read Penn limits the usage allowance that can be subtracted. And even though you may have the time to file for a final repair attempt, you must have qualified during the 12 months/12,000 miles limits.

Good luck and post back.

cadillac
06-19-2004, 06:52 AM
It is not just my Rotors I have had 26 major things replaced and/or repared on my car since i purchased it new in 2001. For a total of 15 times to the dealer.

Thats why i feel it quilifies as a lemon

Try 75 days in the shop in the first year. 2 racks ( 1 at 5000 km ) tie rod ends, 4 sets of brakes ( with in 40000 km ) rotars turned and now need replaceing ( 45000 km ) what leaks like you wouldn't believe ( drove the car with no interior for over a month to find it. It was only 6 months old ) tons of sensors replaced, intake gasket, power stearing pump, heater motor ( frooze from all the water leaks ), strut mounts, bushings, hard starts ( they kept my car for a week and drove it cause everything they replaced wouldn't fix the problem ). I could go on for ever. All of this stuff has been replaced more then once, I have a binder full of it. And the car only has 45000 km on it 3 1/2 years old.

Kerosene
10-15-2004, 02:41 PM
The also needs to have a certain number of hours in the shop. Something like 3-5 times in the shop for major work on the same thing. I saw something online a long time ago. It may have changed since then. Go to google and do a search. You should find something.

XMBlackGT1
10-15-2004, 04:25 PM
plus, the issues have to be repetative...example...bad motor three times.

not a list of things....all which happened once..

i may be wrong, but i think so

You're exactly right. It has to be the same problem, which repeats, no matter how many times they fix it- so, a bad motor 3 times would be a prime example, and it has to happen with in a 1 year period of time. A laundry list 3 miles long wont do anyting for ya.

'01GTgirl
10-17-2004, 12:02 PM

no, you have to do it within a year... my dad almost didn't get it because it was 14 months... but he won. twice. both with durangos. both with REPEATED steering column problems. i don't know that your problems will qualify for lemon law, sorry.

XMBlackGT1
10-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Ive done it on 3 cars now- a 2000 Grand Am Se1 coupe, 2001 Grand Am GT1 coupe, and a 2003 Toyota Celica GTS. It MUST be the same problem happening at least 3 times within 1 year. A list of 47 different things wont do squat for ya.