fluid on inside of T/B and intake manifold [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fluid on inside of T/B and intake manifold

murph2003
06-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Well im really getting fed up with the 15 MPG that i get so i decided to take apart the air intake track to see if theres something wrong with that... The air filter was fine, the MAF was fine, EGR fine too. When i took the throttle body off there was fluid on the back of it and it smelled like gas so im assuming thats what it was, the inside of the intake manifold is like that too..Anyone got any idea on whats goin on here and could this be why im getting 15 mpg???

Dr_Kyle
06-17-2004, 03:05 PM
There shouldn't be any gas in those areas. The fuel injectors are at the bottom of the lower intake manifold so I don't think it's gasoline. Of course it smells like it (it's the inside of an engine :)). Is it darker, like oil maybe? The PCV system vents into the upper half and oil is deposited because of this.

murph2003
06-17-2004, 03:13 PM
right but could say a valve not sealing right to where every time the piston compresses it pushes the mixture back into the intake? Im not sure just tryin to pull some ideas out of the air to see whats goin wrong here... and its clear also

Dr_Kyle
06-17-2004, 03:18 PM
That is odd. I guess it could be a malfunctioning injector.