Turn signal fart [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal fart

Sleepwalkr
06-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Apparently, my blinkers had a brain fart today. I was driving around town and went to flip on my left turn signal and nothing. No arrow on the dash, no ticking, nothing. It was like it was dead. So, out of curiosity, I try the right side, and nothing. I flipped my lights on thinking that for whatever reason all my dash lights weren't working.... but they come on just fine. So, as I'm driving, I'm thinking, ok when I get home I'll have to check the fuse. But at the next light, the turn signals come on just fine again. I get home, try them again, and the headlights, hazards, and everything is working just fine. We're having some serious lightning here today but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any idea's?

UNCTYPE-S
06-17-2004, 09:37 PM
lol, i dont think lightning has anything to do with your car unless it got struck.

it could just be a bad turn signal module. it is very common on the ga's. search for turnsignal and u will find what u need to replace.

u might even notice in the near future that they start to flash really fast.

rizer
06-17-2004, 09:42 PM

heh, im at that point right now. Left blinkers normal and right sides twice as fast.
but then again my battery lights on and alternators probally dieing :(

Sleepwalkr
06-17-2004, 09:52 PM
lol, i dont think lightning has anything to do with your car unless it got struck.

it could just be a bad turn signal module. it is very common on the ga's. search for turnsignal and u will find what u need to replace.

Alright, I did a search, and closest thing I found was that recall letter about the hazards and stuff we got a few months ago. If I can't find that paperwork, or if I accidentally threw it away, am I screwed and have to pay to get this fixed myself?

puckyou
06-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Ever since I redid my radio bezel I have had times when the directionals would not work. So I just press the hazard button unitl they work again. Loose connection I guess, but too lazy to take it off and fix it.

BiHStL
06-17-2004, 10:49 PM
every time it does that, pound on your dashboard as hard as you can, itll fix the problem

just joking, dont do that

action
06-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Go to your dealer and they'll check your VIN number to see if your car falls into the recall notice for the hazzard/blinkers. You wont need the paperwork or the letter if your VIN matches the list.

Sleepwalkr
06-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Go to your dealer and they'll check your VIN number to see if your car falls into the recall notice for the hazzard/blinkers. You wont need the paperwork or the letter if your VIN matches the list.

I'm gonna be going somewhere later today and this weekend. If it does this whole thing again, I'll take it in. Thanks.