Question about CAI... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Question about CAI...

cableguyx
06-19-2004, 10:04 PM
I have been thinking based on reading many posts on CAI's that I'm planning on purchasing a system. Not to sure though on what Stage whether it be 2 or 3 that i would upgrade to. Any Suggestions ... Is there a difference in performance thats noticeable or even what changes do you notice. Also does the computer in the vehicle get false readings from having something like that ie: o2 sensor or air flow. Final question is this a job that can be done by just anyone or someone that works for a garage.

CoopGT
06-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Go with the Dr. Speed stage 3 . You'll love it. I've had mine for about 2 months now & it's great. You shouldn't have any problems with the PCM . It took my buddy & I about 1.5 hrs to install. If you do it your self pull the battery out first thing it will make things a lot easier for you. Good luck & enjoy. :slayer
:jackson

AndyVTek
06-20-2004, 06:37 AM
I have been thinking based on reading many posts on CAI's that I'm planning on purchasing a system. Not to sure though on what Stage whether it be 2 or 3 that i would upgrade to. Any Suggestions ... Is there a difference in performance thats noticeable or even what changes do you notice. Also does the computer in the vehicle get false readings from having something like that ie: o2 sensor or air flow. Final question is this a job that can be done by just anyone or someone that works for a garage.

1.) Stage 2 is not a CAI, and I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that could tell the difference between the two while driving the car.

2.) No, the computer doesn't get false readings. After installation, you hafta do a reset by unhooking the battery. Once you restore power to the computer, it'll do a re-learn. It doesn't correct everything, but it'll fix most itself.

3.) DIY, for sure. Part of the fun in doing mods is doing it yourself, too. :cool:

EDIT: What he said above. 'Cept I didn't remove the battery and didn't have any problem at all.