Headlight... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlight...

crazypontiac03
06-20-2004, 08:34 PM
On my passanger side i noticed that the hight beam was out, but the day time running light still works. Is this suppose to happen or do i have a problem with the electrical system or the switch? :werd

tranceokido
06-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Well what is out is your normal headlight (low beam) ...not your "high" beam aka brights. The reason your DRL's are running is because they run off the high beam lighting element but a low wattage..that is why they are so dim. But when you turn on your headlights or the car does for you it switches over to the low beam lighting element. If that element is burned out then you won't have a headlight on that side but you will have DRL's still. You have no problem with your electrical...just got an buy a new bulb to replace it. It is all one bulb. I would recommend replacing the bulbs in pairs though just because if one burned out then the other prolly doesn't have much longer. Plus sometimes you get differen't brightness and it doesn't look like a uniform light at night. But let me tell you..replacing the bulbs are little PITA ecpsecially if you have a GT.

crazypontiac03
06-20-2004, 09:12 PM
ITs the High beam thats out the DRL's are still running just no bright.I know all about the PITA i replaced them when i got the car last year with eruolighting A.K.A Crap. Should i Switch to sliverstar?

tranceokido
06-20-2004, 09:20 PM
So you have DRLs...but no high beam? Do your low beam work? Doesn't matter...still just sound like you need a bulb. I never really pay attention to the brand of lights. I know I tried the Cool Blue kind and I liked them but that was when we had a Sonata. I just say pick something that isn't to cheap but not overly expensive...the more expensive usually its a better and brighter bulb.