Warning Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Warning Light

jwk3465
06-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Just this morning, within 30 seconds of starting my car, the "Service Vehicle Soon" light came on, followed by three chimes. When I checked my owner's manual, it mentioned something about a possible DRL or ALC malfunction, and to get it to the dealer as soon as possible. Since today was a Sunday, that wasn't possible. However, by the end of the day, the light was no longer coming on. I'm probably going to take it to the closest dealer anyway (although I'm unfortunately out of warranty), but am curious as to what a DLR or ALC malfunction is. Anyone know?

robc7gt
07-15-2004, 12:31 AM
wheel bearing

Dr_Kyle
07-15-2004, 12:39 AM
Burnt out highbeam.

Just a shot in the dark, no pun intended. :p

rizer
07-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Burnt out highbeam.

Just a shot in the dark, no pun intended. :p

heh, made me laugh.

If it goes on again, head down to autozone, and they'll check it out for you free within minutes. No waiting at the dealer

AndyVTek
07-15-2004, 10:35 AM
9 times outta 10, when SVS light pops up, it's your headlamp. I'd check there first.

Amber99ga
07-15-2004, 02:01 PM
whoop Gotta love the SVS light..mines a preminant fixation on my dash! stupid shorted out headlight...grr

BiHStL
07-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Just this morning, within 30 seconds of starting my car, the "Service Vehicle Soon" light came on, followed by three chimes. When I checked my owner's manual, it mentioned something about a possible DRL or ALC malfunction, and to get it to the dealer as soon as possible. Since today was a Sunday, that wasn't possible. However, by the end of the day, the light was no longer coming on. I'm probably going to take it to the closest dealer anyway (although I'm unfortunately out of warranty), but am curious as to what a DLR or ALC malfunction is. Anyone know?

I had the same thing, would come on and of every few days whenevr it felt like it, i was in my garage one day, the lights turned on while the svs was on and i saw it, my left headlight bulb was not on. I went to autozone and bought another bulb for like 7 dollars, came home to put it in and the svs came off and the headlight worked again, 3 months later it hasnt happened yet

tp624
07-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Just so this guy knows drl stands for daytime running lamps and alc is automatic lamp control.