Front end problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front end problems

feature_edit
06-20-2004, 11:30 PM
OK, I had my front bearings, rotors and brakes replaced the other day. After only about 100 mi., I started to hear this metal against metal scraping noise from (what I think) the driver's side wheel. It started to come and go. I kinda thought it was the new brakes and rotors getting to know eachother, but the farther I drove, it got louder. I noticed (after driving along side a cement barrier) that when I would go around a turn, it stopped sometimes. Well, when I was driving home from work that night, the ABS and 'Trac Off' lights came on and stayed on! Any suggestions? I had a good mechanic, whom I trust, put the stuff on, so I guess I'm just looking for something to maybe suggest he look at when I take it back tomorrow! :nono:

Intuit57
08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry I can't help BUT I can tell you I am experiencing the same thing! I just had both front hub assemblys replaced.. & the front brakes about 2 months ago...now there is a new grinding/wheelish noise and the abs/trac lights came on...though when I restarted my car the didn't come on again..yet..but that was only an hour ago! :)
I cannot believe how inept some of the repair places are!

Raven1
08-26-2004, 12:21 PM
I might have a suggestion. Either your hub bearing assembly is faulty allowing the rotor to move or the brakes that were installed are semi metalic and might make some noise. Also have the mechanic check for loose connections on the sensors which are located on the hub bearing assembly itself. If you continue to have problems, my suggestion is to take it to a dealer for a second opinion.

feature_edit
10-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Noise was the bracket that holds the sensor wire was bent down and rubbing against the rotor.