New to the club! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New to the club!

HDSmoke20
06-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Hello,

My name is Armando, I'm 28 and I live in Lakeland, FL and I own a red 99 Grand Am GT coupe. I've had it for about a year or so, and now I'm wanting to modify it a bit since my wife doesnt have to drive it any more.... (got her a car). Now its time for me to get some HP for the grand am, and some other goodies. I was looking at the galleries on this website (which by the way, this site is VERY nice!) and noticed some items that i'm very interested in. One is those LED taillights, the digital speedo dash, and the performance mods.

If any of you could guide me to the best places to get parts, it would be greatly appreciated. So far, the car is stock, I have 80k miles on it, K&N drop in filter and 17" Motegi FF15 hyper silver wheels. I need to replace the front struts (the stockers are GONE) and I wanted to find out what is the best strut/spring set up I could find. I'm looking for a stiffer ride and about 1" lower in height. Also, I want to get out the most HP w/ bolt ons/computer set up. I'm looking to get two cyl heads and have it sent to the machine shop for the usual P/P, angle valve job, etc.

Ofcourse, I want more power and I'm sure I'm in the right place for this info.

I look forward to enjoy the benefits of this club and the members!

BTW, anybody in Lakeland, FL I wouldn't mind meeting you all sometime.

ltr.

Armando

GALover
06-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Doctorspeed.com & the PartsForYourCar.com header above will get you started. Level 3 CAI, new exhaust, U&L manifold, ported throttle, mod chip. That'll get you started.
*welcome* :boogie:

AndyVTek
06-23-2004, 09:13 PM
*welcome*

BiHStL
06-23-2004, 10:35 PM
*welcome*

Just stick a whole bunch of NOS stickers and VTECH decals on your car, now that for sure will get you started

JK,have fun modding

Kdawg207
06-24-2004, 07:09 AM
*welcome* NoooB