E-Brake Alert Sound [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : E-Brake Alert Sound

HeyMelo27
06-23-2004, 09:11 PM
is there anyway to disable the beeping sound that goes off when i yank the ebrake when powersliding? i know it serves a saftey purpose but it gets annoying when doing burnouts and powerslides.

Sleepwalkr
06-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Yes.... don't do powerslides. (huh.......kids)

MarcRiedel
06-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Really, don't F up your car doing stupid crap like that. It may seem like fun now, but you'll regret it when your mechanic gives you a handy bill. If you want to do powerslides, go get a $500 junker and take it on some back roads. that's what i did. :jackson

AznGA
06-23-2004, 09:56 PM
If you do it in snow, it's not that bad. Just don't do it on dry pavement. Also, make sure you hold the thumb button in when you pull it up. I broke the whole parking brake assembly by not holding it when I was having fun in snow, but I got it replaced under warranty.

BiHStL
06-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Dude seriously just dont do them, its very stupid. Come on, im also 16 and i know it is stupid to do them, there are other ways to have fun with your car then powerslides. Oh and the beep is bothering you, so its like saying how do you disable the airbags, they BOTHER me when my face hits them. The beep serves a puropse. ANyways, dont do powerslides.

SC/TGrandAm
06-24-2004, 04:49 AM
powerslides are retarded and so are you for doing them.

Heres a fine example of why a 16 year old is too immature to own a car especially a fairly new one.

Sleepwalkr
06-24-2004, 12:46 PM
However........ to answer your question; I don't know of any way to disable the dinging without disabling the entire dinging that the car was programmed to ding to. Got that? You dingy guy you?

BiHStL
06-24-2004, 01:09 PM
powerslides are retarded and so are you for doing them.

Heres a fine example of why a 16 year old is too immature to own a car especially a fairly new one.

<-- Im 16 and baby the hell out of my car!

brsexton
06-24-2004, 02:39 PM
<-- Im 16 and baby the hell out of my car!

I think he means MOST 16 year olds. I was one of those 16 Yo boys that took very good care of my car. Trust me, there are very few teens like you!

JohnnyB4439
06-24-2004, 04:22 PM
i remember how i thought doing doughnuts in the snow were fun until i broke my power steering pump :nono:

so yeah i wouldnt even think about doing powersliding.

XMBlackGT1
06-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Watched someone do a powerslide in an Alero and wrap it around a huge oak tree. I would never do anything like that to my car. WAY too expensive to fix. And some people wonder why at 60K their cars start falling apart.......................

AznGA
06-24-2004, 11:38 PM
i remember how i thought doing doughnuts in the snow were fun until i broke my power steering pump :nono:

so yeah i wouldnt even think about doing powersliding.
Ya, I did reverse donut in snow and blew my power steering pump....thank god warranty.
:)

HeyMelo27
06-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa!!! I've done a total of TWO powerslides in my life....only one in my grand am. the beeping scared the hell outtta me so i wanted to know how to get rid of it....mostly for burnout purposes. DON'T TELL ME YOU GUYS DON'T DO BURNOUTS!!!!

:violin

BiHStL
06-26-2004, 02:05 AM
i try not to