fuel injector o ring install help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fuel injector o ring install help

pico97
06-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get the injectors to seal properly? I had to do a lower intake gasket and now I can't seem to get them to seal properly. The car ran fine before but now it hisses from the #1 & #2 injector. How I came to that conclusion is but spraying carb cleaner by the injector port and the rpms would then pick up and the engine would smooth out. I bought the o ring seal kit by fel pro ( 12 rings) thinking that by buying the best I would not have any probs. Any help is greatful. Thanks

kubiache
06-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Do you just mean how to put them in? Or why they won't work? ???

If you pulled the fuel rail out, you really should replace them anyway. I tore two when I did it. Replace them all. To get them to go in better and seal properly, put a little vaseline (other petroleum based product) on the o-rings to allow them to slide in better.

As one of my auto instructors said, "you wouldn't f*ck dry would you?"

pico97
06-27-2004, 08:04 AM
I did replace them all but when I put them in it makes a hissing sound. I put clean motor oil on them and around the ports. I sprayed carb cleaner while it was running and found two of them leaking.

Aleromi
06-27-2004, 08:40 AM
Then u dont have the injector in all the way.... ?!?

tenspeed
06-27-2004, 08:47 AM
I did replace them all but when I put them in it makes a hissing sound. I put clean motor oil on them and around the ports. I sprayed carb cleaner while it was running and found two of them leaking.

Were the replacements the same size as the original O rings? When I replaced mine you had to lubricate because it was a really tight fit.

pico97
06-27-2004, 04:49 PM
They are the same size as oem. I can't seem to get them to go any farther into the port so I assume that they are in all the way. When I look at them I can still see part of the orange ring on the injector so I guess I will have to break down and take it in tomorrow. thanks for trying to help everyone.

kubiache
06-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Don't just try to push them in either. Rock the rail back and forth while pushing down to work them in there.