Plastic trim [Archive] - Forum


View Full Version : Plastic trim

06-30-2004, 04:39 AM
What can you use to attatch the trim along the side when it comes loose? There is one spot behind the passenger door that has pulled out from the metal up near the top.

06-30-2004, 05:24 AM
im pretty sure you need to buy a new strip of it and re-sticc it on there. an alternative, you could probably scrape off the bacc of it and apply some 3m double sided tape, but the trim piece isnt that much anyway, almost not worth the trouble. they carry it an any auto store.

06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
I didn't explain the piece I mean very well. It's the whole piece of plastic body kit that I was referring to, the part that runs from the door to the rear wheel well and has the three ribs on it. I meant to say that it is coming loose at the very top in a couple inch area. It's out maybe a 1/8 or 1/4 inch. I debated dripping some super glue in there and apllying pressure but that could end up being a mess. Should I just go to a body shop and see if they can get it back to flush?

06-30-2004, 10:42 PM
ahh ok. u gonna have to peel it completely off, clean the back of it [and the part where it was attached to the car], reapply some 3m tape to it, then sticc it back on. any other way will just be a temp fix and will look bad.