one headlight not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : one headlight not working

Braves299
06-30-2004, 05:02 AM
i discovered lastnight when my "service vehicle soon" light came on, that my passenger headlight is out. but what is wierd is that my service vehicle light only comes on when my headlight switch is turned off inside the car. when i turn the lights on, the warning light will not come on. also, my high beams still work, which makes me think its not the bulb. do you have any idea what it can be? i removed the ALC sensor from the dash about a year and a half ago also, so i dont think that this would cause the problem. its almost like a bad ground or something. please, i need help! thanks....

David

sicc
06-30-2004, 05:13 AM
sounds like its just blown. i THINK low and high beam use different filaments.

tenspeed
06-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Good time to upgrade to silverstars if you still have stock bulbs.

Braves299
06-30-2004, 06:28 AM
Well I also forgot to mention that when I turn my lights off after having them on, the drivers headlight(the good light) "flickers" really bad before it turns off. thats another reason I felt it wasnt the bulb. but today after work I'm buying new bulbs for it to see if it works. but has anyone had this kind of problem before? thanks

Braves299
06-30-2004, 09:00 AM
I am going to buy hyperwhite bulbs for it, do any of you recomend any brands? I like the blueish tint that some of them have, but are they bright enough then? what brand?