Stuck in middle of LIM repair [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in middle of LIM repair

NjccBflo
06-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Please help... the only thing i've come up with in the searches was that "yes, i have to remove this bracket". but after 45 minutes of futzing around i cant get the mofo off.
The alternator bracket needs to be removed to pull the last bolt of the rear valve cover. okay, how do i drop that bracket?? i've pulled the three bolts that i thought it was... do i have to pull the tensioner apart??
please help with any advice, experience, after this i can finishing ripping off the li manifold. ugh.
gonna go drop in my new plugs. be right back... thanks

eric99gt
06-30-2004, 07:22 PM
the bracket is held on to the side of the cylinder head by three bolts. that means the tensioner comes off with it.

tjc13
06-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Take the bolt out of the center of the tensioner. I was afraid to do it, but it comes right off and goes back on with out a problem.

NjccBflo
06-30-2004, 07:47 PM
alright, gonna go mess with the tensioner... thanks alot... be back soon. haha :wave:

kubiache
06-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Take the bolt out of the center of the tensioner. I was afraid to do it, but it comes right off and goes back on with out a problem.

I wouldn't say it goes on without a problem. lol I wrestled with that stupid thing for too long. But yeah, I think it's actually 4 bolts total...the three you see, plus the tensioner itself.

ViperGTSR
06-30-2004, 09:54 PM
u need some service manuals bud!

95-GT
06-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Or me around. lmao

NjccBflo
07-01-2004, 01:41 PM
yea, gotta haynes, doesnt do much good though. its all done and buttoned up nicely now.
last tensioner i popped off a mototr did just that "popped". hence the apprehension.. no big deal. just gonna remember that for 6 months from now when she :vomit: again.

thanks