Why do we not have a racing section [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Why do we not have a racing section

BiHStL
06-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Why does grandamgt.com not have a racing section, i am not a "noobe" and have always wondered this ever since i started posting! :boogie:

ViperGTSR
06-30-2004, 08:57 PM
becuase too many people BS, and too many people think people are BS'ing

95-GT
06-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Not just that, GAGT.com does not condone illegal street racing, which is what 99% of the people would post. You are allowed to post stories at the track though.

BiHStL
06-30-2004, 09:14 PM
that is true, too many people do BS. Yeah, i dont think the other sites condone it though, just allow people to post about it.

coupe
06-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Not just that, GAGT.com does not condone illegal street racing, which is what 99% of the people would post. You are allowed to post stories at the track though.

Not true. There was a thread that i asked about what a RSX Type S does in the 1/4 becuase my neighbor just got one. He said he would stomp me. So i posted my situation. Got a great response. It got closed. There was no talk of street racing.

BiHStL
06-30-2004, 09:29 PM
i really love this site and post all the time, im not putting it down in any way, but it really seems wierd that other GA sites have racing forums, J-body has racing forums, the grand prix sites have it also.

95-GT
06-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Not true. There was a thread that i asked about what a RSX Type S does in the 1/4 becuase my neighbor just got one. He said he would stomp me. So i posted my situation. Got a great response. It got closed. There was no talk of street racing.

That is what my understanding has always been and what the moderators have even said in numerious threads before.

coupe
06-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Mine to until that thread. I dont understand why it was closed. Now it is missing all together. Dunno.

coupe
06-30-2004, 09:46 PM
i really love this site and post all the time, im not putting it down in any way, but it really seems wierd that other GA sites have racing forums, J-body has racing forums, the grand prix sites have it also.

True. I also noticed that.

Molson
07-01-2004, 03:09 AM
Pretty simple, just keep the street racing threads to the other GA sites. And its true, you can post track stories here. No idea why yours was deleted coupe.

GAGTSCTGuy
07-01-2004, 03:26 AM
I was told "No racing stories of any time", only time slips may be posted. Its in the site rules.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37404&highlight=grand+civic

edit: This was told to me after posting a track story.

eren00gt
07-01-2004, 04:47 AM
I would think now that we have a premium service for paying members that one of the benefits would be able to post in a racing section available only to premium members. The Gurus could make up a waiver type of thing the members would have to aknowledge saying GAGT.com doesn't condone racing and the racing section would not be moderated so post at your own risk type of thing. I bet if they did they would gain a boat-load of paying members who would like that sort of thing.

Just my .02

'01GTgirl
07-01-2004, 05:11 AM
I dont' think the Gurus (or any other mod) want to babysit every one on here every time someone wants to post a racing story. they have enough to do as it is, they shouldn't have to make up a waiver and then monitor people even more closely. the rules seem pretty plain and simple....no racing stories.... Like Molson said, post the stories on another forum :)

sicc
07-01-2004, 05:25 AM
I dont' think the Gurus (or any other mod) want to babysit every one on here every time someone wants to post a racing story. they have enough to do as it is, they shouldn't have to make up a waiver and then monitor people even more closely.

isnt it more work closing/deleting racing stories, rather than just letting people post em? i could care less, i dont ever have the urge to post racing stories, but i just think its kinda weak that certain stuff has to be monitored like that.

2Dambad
07-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Because there is no good from your racing stories. "I beat a [insert car here] last night" can only lead to 2 responses: 1. Good kill. 2. BS. No one really wants to read a thread of "good kills" and the other is just a flame war.

Hexx
07-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Racing stories cause the following:

-Dumb stories and arguments (eg No way you could have beaten a v8 mustang with those mods)
-Provokes others to race so they can brag
-Are over rated

I would say the reason for not allowing racing stories is liability here. I don't think the forums would want a mother or family or someone coming back here saying "Im bringing you to court because this site provoked my son/daughter to race and get killed or hurt."

Esco301
07-01-2004, 08:17 AM
I would like to form a lawn mower rac3 this weekend with the guys on my street.. I think It would be a good time.

Beer will be involve of course! I have my custom built cup hold all ready.....!

Hexx
07-01-2004, 08:32 AM
I would like to form a lawn mower rac3 this weekend with the guys on my street.. I think It would be a good time.

Beer will be involve of course! I have my custom built cup hold all ready.....!

Can I bring my go-kart?

I seriously have a go-kart...thing does about 35mph. Need to fix the engine or get a new one...

Esco301
07-01-2004, 08:57 AM
sorry bro.. mowers only!

Esco301
07-01-2004, 09:04 AM
http://www.letsmow.com/gallery/lawn26.JPG

Jeremy
07-06-2004, 12:48 PM
We had racing stories in some of our previous forum layouts and it was a PITA to keep the ****ing matches civil. Easiest way to solve it, kill them. Like you said, there's other GA forums that allow you to post racing stories, so feel free to post them there. We (Ryan and I) as the site/forum owners decided that the site is better off not having racing stories. It's been that way for a long time and the site has continued to grow and we don't have nearly the amount of ****ing contests as we did when we did allow the racing stories.

95-GT
07-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Ok, what if we have timeslips, dyno sheets, and even people word to backup how quick one of our cars are, and we post a racing story that fits with simple logic (I beat a stock prelude) and no lies (ie I smoked a Ferrari Enzo), would that be allowed?

kse73
07-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Why bother? Time slips and dyno sheets are all fine and dandy...just leave the kill out of it. Any person w/ a decent amount of knowledge about the automotive world could put two and two together. "Hey... He ran a ##.#. This means that his car is faster than a prelude...blah blah blah." I know racing sections are a cool read, but I agree w/ the mods.. its a pain in the arse to deal w/.

Hexx
07-06-2004, 01:54 PM
I'll moderate it =D

95-GT
07-06-2004, 02:05 PM
KSE, its more then just HP and time, there are lots of factors. Like I can smoke GTP's, and beat a few modded GTP's. I hung with a heavily modded GTP high end also, along with a SRT-4 from a roll (65-110). I was just wondering if I could post all that up, or say even if I had video proof of the race to arrest argument and BS calls.

Ant
07-06-2004, 02:35 PM
yeah dave, that does sound good. however, BS would still be called:

"look at this vid of me beating a XXXXX!"

-"yeah, he must have been a bad driver though, and he can't shift/launch/drive"

"yes he can, he's my friend and he is a professional racer"

-"ok, well then the car must be broken"

'NO ITS NOT I WON AND YOU SUCK"

-"NO YOU DO AND YOUR CAR SUCKS"

see, everything would eventually lead down the same road.

95-GT
07-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Actually, it would be like this:

Person A: Here is the video:

Person B: Great kill man!

Bob: Your a fag. Your car is slow. RX-7 is god. You lost you liar.

Person A: Its all true. Here are my facts....

Bob: Ok HONCHO. You know everything.

sicc
07-06-2004, 03:01 PM
lol

ArcticWhiteSE
07-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Actually, it would be like this:

Person A: Here is the video:

Person B: Great kill man!

Bob: Your a fag. Your car is slow. RX-7 is god. You lost you liar.

Person A: Its all true. Here are my facts....

Bob: Ok HONCHO. You know everything.

That was just about the coolest thing I've ever read on here.... :boogie:

UNCTYPE-S
07-06-2004, 05:55 PM
on the acura forum that i visit,they have a racing section. its very civil, nobody really calls bs. if you come on there just to look cool and say u beat some kind of car, people dont care. most of those guys are really mature about it.

but every forum is different=different minds/ideas. i have no problem without a racing section here. it will be alot of bs to deal with, and i bet like 75% of the threads would get locked because of flaming.