intake and slp [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : intake and slp

tammikm
07-02-2004, 03:40 PM
i just had my SLP exhaust installed, I have a K&N drop in in right now, should i switch to a WAI? will it sound better? I have a cone filter here that I could put on the MAF, or will I not notice any difference from my drop in?

also, I find it kinda LOUD, any way I could quiet it a little? I dont wanna lose all the sound but just a wee quieter, would a resonator do this? if so what brand would work with the 2001 grand am GT?

thanks

rizer
07-02-2004, 07:00 PM
No ones gonna reply probally because theres countless threads about upgrading to a WAI or CAI. SLP is one of the louder kits out there so buying it i hope you had that in mind. A resonator would quiet it down some but people have there arguements on that subject also. Just search it out bro

I think theres a magnaflow resonator for sale on the for sale board somewhere

AznGA
07-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Defintely ditch drop in. I have WAI with SLP, they work good with gains. Maybe if you get a magnaflow muffler, it might be a bit quieter. They fit right in.

UNCTYPE-S
07-03-2004, 05:37 PM
so ur wanting a new muffler to quiet it down a little, but u do know that adding a wai or cai will be loud when i get on it? not loud to the point of irritation, but u will def notice the difference. FYI

u wont notice a diff in sound or performance with a drop in. maybe just improved gas mileage by a little bit.

AznGA
07-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Your engine will be louder with intake, but it's nothing compared to how much louder the exhaust will be.

tammikm
07-03-2004, 07:07 PM
the exhaust will be even louder with a WAI added with the SLP? anyone recommend a little quieter muffler than the SLP?

xxbackhillxx
07-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Maybe if you get a magnaflow muffler, it might be a bit quieter. They fit right in.

Pontiac Ninja
07-03-2004, 08:25 PM
I have had my SLP exhaust for over a year now and am totally use to it. Just give it time it will only be loud to other ppl who get in for the 1st time. Also everyone loves how mine sounds when I pull up and such, so just leave it you will get use to it soon! Don't you usally have some music bumpin' anyways, LOL!! ALso I didn't notice that much of a difference in sound (just performance!!) when I added my APOC CAI, but thats just me. ALso I don't have a wind up (turbo type) sound that some ppl have talked about with a CAI, maybe it just depends on which one you get (I wouldn't mind a reply on that statement from someone on here!!). Anyways, GOOD LUCK!!

kse73
07-04-2004, 09:57 AM
If you want quieter.... you can always get a borla muffler. It'll quiet things down until WOT. As for the SLP, you do get used to it... but I always have music blaring also. There are times when I wish it was a little quieter... but that changes as soon as I step on it and hear it roar.

tammikm
07-04-2004, 10:02 AM
where can I get the borla muffler? and will it fit on the SLP 2.5" piping?

AndyVTek
07-04-2004, 02:31 PM
where can I get the borla muffler? and will it fit on the SLP 2.5" piping?

Meh, pleaseeee use the search button. :nono:

AznGA
07-04-2004, 02:53 PM
AndyVTek, you could have answered his question in one sentence, rather than trying to be a search nazi.

I believe Borla is 2.25...so I would say No.

Jagey
07-04-2004, 02:56 PM
i took off my exhaust and intake resonator and I find the exhaust to be loud enough, I don't even want to know what an SLP sounds like

AndyVTek
07-04-2004, 08:05 PM
AndyVTek, you could have answered his question in one sentence, rather than trying to be a search nazi.

I believe Borla is 2.25...so I would say No.

He asked like 4 other f0ckin' other questions too. Just figured he'd get some better answers from posts that have been beaten to death in other threads. I said please, too.

Chillll pill.... :)

Sorry tammikan, I promise I'll help more next time!

AznGA
07-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey dude, no offense, I was just saying cause you were shaking your head.
:)