trunk popping open when starting the car??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : trunk popping open when starting the car???

checkmate211ae
07-05-2004, 06:08 PM
anybody ever have this problem? and what was found? my friend has a 2001 GA. The car is off warranty.

iceman
07-05-2004, 06:12 PM
I had that before but it was completely random... I had a water leak in the BCM.

Aftermarket alarm installed or stock???

What I'm thinkin for your case is that if it only does it as soon as the car starts.. button is shorted out and when battery-rundown turns off (or whatever it is called) by turning the ignition key, power is restored, and it will pop it. Ever have the door panels off? I know some people have had problems in the past with that because of water getting in the button, or they replaced the panel incorrectly and it was shorted out.

That's all I can think of right now... Take the panel off, unplug the trunk pop button, see what happens and get back to this thread

Love my GT
07-05-2004, 07:42 PM
My GA was doing this when my battery was low. When I would go to start the car it would barely turn over and the trunk would pop open. Got a new battery and hasn't done it since. Hope this helps.

sicc
07-05-2004, 07:54 PM
yep same here.

iceman
07-05-2004, 07:55 PM
^thats pretty neat I wonder wtf would do that lol

Trancer
07-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Nothing like having a posessed car. I remember every time I would turn my interior lights on in my S-10, my amps would shut off and then turn back on when I turned the interior lights off.

Doctor Ouchie
07-08-2004, 07:25 AM
One time when I had to jump start the car, the dumb ass on the other end let the two gator clips touch and my trunk popped open.

I have no idea why your's is doing that on ignition though. Sometimes my trunk's popped open when my battery is really low. A new battery could fix the problem.