Pulsating Brakes [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pulsating Brakes

munruss
07-07-2004, 01:38 PM
My '04 GAGT has pulsating brakes, just like my '02 model had. The warranty covered it with my '02 model. Does this apply for the '04 model?

DXP
07-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Yes It should if in the first 12months of purchasing the car.

checkmate211ae
07-13-2004, 08:58 AM
It was a recall on my 01, knowing GM, they kept it the same way. Take it back!!!!

Irate
07-13-2004, 09:14 AM
yeah, bring it in - they'll probably turn the rotors for you and extend your coverage another 10,000 miles. That's what they did for mine.

At that point, I would just suggest getting some powerslot rotors, the OE rotors are crap.

Hexx
07-13-2004, 10:52 AM
NO POWERSLOTS.....jk....get in on the group buy going on now for the cross drilled ones. $175 for all four.

68rustang
07-15-2004, 07:41 AM
NO POWERSLOTS.....jk....get in on the group buy going on now for the cross drilled ones. $175 for all four.

Don't know what anyone's intentions are for their brakes, bling factor or performance. From an engineering and performance point of view cross drilled rotors are a step in the wrong direction, Under heavy use they can be downright dangerous. Many race tracks and race sanctioning bodies do not allow cross drilled rotors for this very reason. By drilling the rotor surface you are doing a number of undesirable things, reducing total contact area, reducing the amount of mass available to absorb heat, and introducing small cracks that can become big cracks during the heat cycling that brakes go through.

SLotted rotors look better than factory, do not have any of the downsides of cross drilled rotors, and actually can improve braking performance.

On the flip side if you are just looking for eye candy cross drilled do look cool.

just a little heads up,

Eric