body kit/springs question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : body kit/springs question

mwolverines
07-07-2004, 07:14 PM
i am going to be putting on the combat body kit on my car, with a whole new paint job on the car. i also want the lowering springs installed. which would you do first, the kit/paint or the springs? and why?

zhd1000
07-07-2004, 07:34 PM
i don't think that it would matter much either way.. the only thing i'd say would to do the springs second because it will give the body shop a little extra room to do the job. The shop should still be able to do the same job lowered or not.

mwolverines
07-07-2004, 07:36 PM
would you have the body shop install the kit? or is it something i could do? if i have them do it, how much $?

zhd1000
07-08-2004, 04:21 PM
i sure you could put it on, but being 16 how much experience do you have with this stuff? again i think that you could do it but IMO i think a body shop that's in business to do this stuff will be a good decision. but then again i don't know how much they would charge to put it on either, and you'll save some cash by doing it yourself. i've never put one on a car before so i can't really say that it's hard or not. does the kit come with instructions to install? find and ask other people with the same kit if they put it on and if it was tough or not.

mwolverines
07-08-2004, 10:04 PM
i will, thnx