Clearing out Tail lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Clearing out Tail lights

TwIsTa
07-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Ok i have read a few posts that say you cant clear out SE taillights so i decided to screw around the other day and took off my tail light undid all the screws and thier was a gap to stick a screw driver in to take off the lens so i stuck in the screwdriver to mess around and it started makeing that nasty noise i hear ppl talk aobut like its gonna break but i stopped and said eh ill see on here why it cant be done b4 i screw up my car so i was just wondering why? and if it can but from what i did was exactly on a howto for the GT and it did the same exact thing word for word what they said i dunno help please

RedGT2004
07-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Im sorry to tell you but you cant clear your SE tails because the lens and reflector (red part of the lens) are all one piece. On the GT there two seperate pieces one is the clear lens and the other are the red reflectors that you can take out.

TwIsTa
07-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Dangit so if i want cool tails i gotta buy em nothing else i can do?

RedGT2004
07-07-2004, 11:30 PM
you have to purchase GT tails in ordered to clear them. Check the for sale section here or do a search on ebay for them.

TwIsTa
07-08-2004, 03:33 AM
OoO the gt ones fit the se? if so thier is a a pick a part a big one about 20 minutes from me or your right ppl on here and ebay

2002AmSE
07-08-2004, 10:57 AM
I thought they were different sizes from what ive heard people say on the forum here...

...maybe im wrong...

GrandAmChick
07-08-2004, 11:16 AM
^ ur wrong. They fit with no problems.

Hexx
07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
^ ur wrong. They fit with no problems.

Correct. Read my avatar.

2002AmSE
07-08-2004, 02:01 PM
^ ur wrong. They fit with no problems. Correct. Read my avatar.

Alright, I see, I just remember back in an earlier thread where this was a concern, and I didn't want our friend here to have problems fitting GT tails into his SE.

Hexx.... your avatar, its not in the manuel, they do look like they are a different shape, and im not going to check google for everyone who wants to know something on the forum when other people would have the answer because I dont have time to look 'everything' up.

sicc
07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
you could also tint your SE tails blacc like i did. not sure what color your GA is but it looks good on silver and blacc

SikMindz
07-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Twista...I have a cleared GT passenger side tail if you want it. There is one slight crack in the inner corner but you can't even tell it's there. You can come pick it up or meet me somewhere for it. Make me an offer...it's just taking up space in my apt. right now.

Hexx
07-08-2004, 02:30 PM
If you don't have the time to search, you don't have the time to post or argue here.

It's not too difficult really. I'm not trying to be an asshat. I only tell people to read my avatar when I KNOW the subject has been touched upon more than once. I know its not in the manual, you could find it on google, and your best bet is to search here.

You could also use common thoughts here and think "aren't the housings the same. the fender lines and trunk are also the same." Put two and two together and the lights should fit.