2003 Passenger Seat Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Passenger Seat Problem

GTLUVA
07-11-2004, 09:33 PM
I just have an quick question to all of the 2003 owners do you have problems with your passenger seat not locking. Everytime a passenger gets in my seat the seat doesn't lock you have to manually lock it everytime till it clicks. I was just wodering if the seat is supposed to work like that. My drivers side is fine because its power and I feel like I'm in a dentist chair :)

AznGA
07-11-2004, 09:35 PM
My friend with 00 coupe had same problem...I think it has to do something with the "quick entry lever" in the back of the seat.

GTLUVA
07-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Do you know if he had it replaced under warranty. :) I have been getting my money out of my warranty is year and all of my problems happen on the passenger side first it was the window regualtor and then the clips, then mositure in the fog lamp now this seat problem which has been going on for a long time but its starting to drive me nuts lately and want to take some action for it lol But I still love my car that why I bought an amp and a subwoofer today for it :)

AznGA
07-11-2004, 09:51 PM
His is 00 with 60k miles and he don't have warranty. Do you?

GTLUVA
07-11-2004, 09:58 PM
My car is still under warranty I currently have 12,250 miles on it right now. I'm sparing my miles on my car so I get every penny out of warranty. My factory warranty is good till April 30, 2006 :)

AznGA
07-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Take it in then. When I had my warranty, I took it in for every little things.
:)

GTLUVA
07-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Well I just decided to do an little research about the seat so I got my owners manual out of my glovebox and looked in the book and I started reading about Easy Entry Seat. It clearly describes in the manual when you lift back the seat you have to put it back upright and then it decribes how you have to relock the seat on the two door models. The only time the seat doesn't lock is when I have to lift the seat up so the passenger in the back can get out. I tell you they have to make it confusing. The only time I have this problem is when I let my parents ride with me. I got an two door because its just me usually driving and I only have one friend riding with me at a time :)

AznGA
07-11-2004, 10:49 PM
So you just didn't know how to use it. I better tell this to my friend then. That's why I like my 4 door. I drive on campus and I usually see people that I know...I just pull over and pick them up.
:)

GTLUVA
07-11-2004, 10:58 PM
I guess it pays to read you find out lots of information you can't figure out. Now if I knew how to connect my subwoofer and amp I would be all set. I just can't wait tell Friday till it gets installed. I just pray that they don't mess up my sucky GM security system when they install it by cutting the wrong wire on not

AznGA
07-11-2004, 11:10 PM
If you are keeping your stock HU, I think you should be fine.

GTLUVA
07-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Yep, I'm keeping my HU since I have factory XM Radio. But yep I just wanted to add a little bass to my 8 speaker rattling monsoon system. I'm only getting an amp installed and a 12 inch subwoofer I don't one of those big coffin box speakers thats what I call them a little box just suits me fine. I don't want to take up all of my trunk space since I'm an girl and I love to shop so I still need room in the trunk for my bags lol