Ebay and the Blower Resistor (New Part ?) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and the Blower Resistor (New Part ?)

VaGT
07-12-2004, 05:27 AM
I need to purchase a new blower resistor for my car. I checked Ebay first, and found a different part number, and one person claiming GM has an updated part from Japan that fixes the problems with the original.

I plugged the part number I found there into gmpartsdirect, and I do get a Blower resistor part.

Are the stories about the new updated part correct? Or should I just order the 15359314 part?

Here are the Ebay links...

This guy mentions the new part number... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7908754714&category=33546&sspagename=WDVW

This guy talks about the improved part: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7908906900&category=33546&sspagename=WDVW

I know prices are too high (compared to gmpartsdirect), but I am interested in figuring out if the claims are true. I do notice that when I plug the 15 part number into Ebay, there is a little star after the number...???

Dan00GPGT
07-12-2004, 06:21 AM
New Japanese version? :rolleyes: General Motors does update part numbers from time to time but I doubt that this version is any different from the previous versions.

XMBlackGT1
07-12-2004, 07:16 AM
GM did change the part and part number. I took the blower resistor out of my girlfriend's 99 se2, called my pontiac dealership, gave them the part number, and they told me that a new part number has been assigned to the new updated part. Looks like either of those two will work. The one that I put into the se2 was the black one- works like a charm.

VaGT
07-12-2004, 10:44 AM
I wonder if that is what the blue asterick / star next to the part number meant. I wonder if you order based on the old number if they will send you the new part number.

I want to get the latest part if there has been a change, but I have no way to know if the newer number (what is on the ebay page) is legit for my car.

VaGT
07-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Just called my dealer, and he verified the new number for me... 89018413. I assume that if I order off of either number, I will get the 890 number.... right?