Map light replacements, stay on very dim, when they should be off [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Map light replacements, stay on very dim, when they should be off

GAGTSCTGuy
07-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Ok. A about a month or two ago I took out my 194 in my map lights, and put the superbrightleds replacements in there, well the other night I was outside and I noticed that after my interior lights dimmed off. That there was a very very small red glow (the leds are red) coming from the map lights. Well I sat in the car and let them turn off and its only like 1 led on each side still glowing. Not full intensity though. So I check it a few minutes later and it was still on, it wasn't until about 20 minutes or so that it turned off (I'm assuming battery rundown protection system.)

Anyway, my question is, is this common for these lights to stay on?

iceman
07-13-2004, 06:21 AM
Yeah I remember seeing a few threads on this.. apparently normal but I don't remember the conclusion.

Dan00GPGT
07-13-2004, 06:36 AM
If I remember correctly from a post on ClubGP, it has to do with the LED's not placing a large enough load on the voltage source which allows them to stay on when they should be off.

GAGTSCTGuy
07-13-2004, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys, I figured it has something to do with the low load a LED actually uses. I'm not to worried about it(you can't see them unless you get in front of the car and low to the ground at night,) as far as the drain, what could it be 5mA maybe?, not that big of a deal. I just was wondering if it was a fluke with my BCM or what, which I'm relieved that it is not.

GAGTSCTGuy
07-13-2004, 06:46 AM
edit: Ant, where did your post go?

Nope, just took out the 194's and put the T13-6s(I think thats what they were, I'll look and edit) in.

edit 2: They were T13-R6 Red

cavingman
07-13-2004, 06:51 AM
yea i got the same thing going on. been doing it for 3 or 4 months now. not too worried.