service engine soon [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : service engine soon

xxbackhillxx
07-13-2004, 09:59 AM
I just installed a cai from the doc a little over a week ago on monday. when i installed it every clamp was tightened and the sensors were taped over to make sure nothing got in that way either ... today im goin to the bank not doing any excessive starts or dumb things that would make my engine run hard, and out of no where, im at about 1200 rpms and 45 mph, i get a service engine soon light ... whats going on?? i disconnected the battery and the light is still there.

ill prolly just put my stock ram air set-up back on before i take it in to the dealership, but before i go i just want to know what the problem may be. anyone got any ideas??

edit: car has roughly 15600 miles on it

Slim
07-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Pull the ECM fuse in the underhood fuse block and leave it out for 45 mins. That should fully reset your computer and erase the code. It did for mine at least....

GAGTSCTGuy
07-13-2004, 10:04 AM
I put mine in alittle over a month ago, I drive very hard on it, and never a problem.

xxbackhillxx
07-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Pull the ECM fuse in the underhood fuse block and leave it out for 45 mins. That should fully reset your computer and erase the code. It did for mine at least....
do you think theres anything actually wrong with the engine?? or is it just throwing a code for no reason?

GAGTSCTGuy
07-13-2004, 10:23 AM
What code is it? If you don't have a scanner, get autozone to do it.

Slim
07-13-2004, 10:23 AM
do you think theres anything actually wrong with the engine?? or is it just throwing a code for no reason?

Double check all your sensor connections and the fitting on the CAI. You shouldn't get an SES light with just a CAI, but it's been known to happen.

Most likely one of the sensors isn't plugged in all the way and your ECM is letting you know.

xxbackhillxx
07-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Double check all your sensor connections and the fitting on the CAI. You shouldn't get an SES light with just a CAI, but it's been known to happen.

Most likely one of the sensors isn't plugged in all the way and your ECM is letting you know.

everything is plugged in and looks to be in order... i just cant figure out whats going on...

AndyVTek
07-13-2004, 10:34 AM
How long did you leave the battery disconnected for? Chances are it's a faulty connect when you hooked things back up, or you didn't give the PCM enough time off power. I don't see how something can be wrong with the engine itself.

Craig99SE2
07-13-2004, 11:11 AM
If you can get it to Royal Oak I can pull the code for you.

AaronGAGT
07-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Mr. Backhill... please visit your nearest Autozone and the code will be read for free. Write down what codes were thrown on a piece of paper. Then return here and post up what codes they were. :)

02andahalfgt
07-13-2004, 06:00 PM
I get the same thing from my DS stage 3 CAI. For me it's a 'lean in bank 1' code, everything's hooked up right and the car runs fine. I'm willing to bet you're getting the same thing. If you find a way to cure it, let me know, I hate that light! lol

coupe
07-13-2004, 06:22 PM
I put mine in alittle over a month ago, I drive very hard on it, and never a problem.

Ditto.

You did something wrong.

AznGA
07-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Ya, I have Doctor stage 2 intake. The only reason I got SES light was because I forgot to insert IAT sensor. My tranny was jerky too.

xxbackhillxx
07-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Mr. Backhill... please visit your nearest Autozone and the code will be read for free. Write down what codes were thrown on a piece of paper. Then return here and post up what codes they were. :)

me and the local autozone boys are not on good terms cuz they refused to let me return an item due to false advertising. in the end after about 30 min i won and made the manager look like a complete idiot.

If you can get it to Royal Oak I can pull the code for you.
you busy tomorrow??

xxbackhillxx
07-22-2004, 05:47 PM
forgot to post this ... my car is running rich. i guess i messed up the O2 sensor during the cai install and a week later it went out. now my question is ... will the dealership honor my warranty if i have a CAI??

AaronGAGT
07-22-2004, 06:56 PM
it takes a half hour at most to take out the CAI. then go the dealer if they have a problem with it.

but then again... I think there's some "morosso act" or something, that says something about having mods on a car and warranty. I have no idea what it says tho... i forgot :violin

eric99gt
08-18-2004, 03:33 PM
what # fuse do you pull when you're trying to reset the comp????

xxbackhillxx
08-18-2004, 06:13 PM
wow knock on wood that f'in light came on again today on the way to work. i do the 10 minute GM relearn. it was posted, its easy to find just use search, cuz i dont feel like it at the moment.

EBlend
08-18-2004, 08:07 PM
dude, if ur o2 sensor is messed up, just put ur factory stuff back in, take it to the dealer, and the dealer will replace for free