MySQL Errors [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Errors

GAGTSCTGuy
07-14-2004, 06:00 AM
I've been getting MySQL errors all morning when trying to access some threads, and when I tried to do Manage Attachments on a post, is anyone else having problems?

Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /home/gaguru1/public_html/forum/includes/db_mysql.php on line 212

There seems to have been a slight problem with the GrandAmGT.com Forum database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

bumpn_gt
07-14-2004, 06:09 AM
This is the only problem I have been having today.... :nono:

And I get that just trying to access some of the new threads

There seems to have been a slight problem with the GrandAmGT.com Forum database.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

GAGTSCTGuy
07-14-2004, 06:12 AM
Same here, I received it for the first time, around 6am this morning. Viewing a new thread. And then a few more, Now I can't attach anything to a thread I'm trying to create.

Jeremy
07-14-2004, 06:18 AM
we had our host company switch the server our site is hosted on. This is the probable cause of the SQL errors while things get "caught up".

Jeremy
07-14-2004, 06:20 AM
I just uploaded an attachment without issue.

GAGTSCTGuy
07-14-2004, 06:23 AM
I'm still having a problem, I also just tried to go to the User Control Panel and I received the same message when I clicked attachments, url: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/profile.php?do=editattachments if that helps....

erimar77
07-14-2004, 08:53 AM
i've been getting the same when i click certain posts

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38124

timdorr
07-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Hey, your friendly host here. I believe I've fixed the attachment issue, but any input would be helpful. Any other errors as a result of the move?

GAGTSCTGuy
07-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Seems to work now, Thanks. The site was out a few minutes ago also, but I assume that was whatever you were fixing.

Vintalage
07-14-2004, 11:36 AM
i've been getting the same when i click certain posts

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38124

I was experiencing this earlier today. I'll see how the site acts now.

Jeremy
07-14-2004, 11:50 AM
all the links that were posted here earlier that were hosed are working for me. I think the transfer is complete Tim.

Thanks for your help.

erimar77
07-14-2004, 02:02 PM
yeah...doing good so far

iceman
07-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Hey, your friendly host here. I believe I've fixed the attachment issue, but any input would be helpful. Any other errors as a result of the move?

Hey Tim, everything looks pretty speedy.. we'll see how it goes in the short term as far as reliability vs. epsilon. Thanks :)

timdorr
07-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Well, don't forget to change the nameservers on your domain. Not doing that means some of the connectivity issues that spawned the need to move won't get fixed, so swap them to ns1.asmallorange.com and ns2.asmallorange.com ASAP.

I also just hacked in lingerd to Apache, which means, in human terms, that you'll notice some improved performance because it clears up memory on the server for it to do it's thing :)

Vintalage
07-14-2004, 04:01 PM
I've noticed some serious performance hits in the last 10 mins. It was unbearable. Like being back on 56k but slightly worse. I've also noticed a few "Request timed out" when I ping this site.