A/C on 1 and 2 not strong [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A/C on 1 and 2 not strong

MegaHyp
07-14-2004, 04:28 PM
i was wondering if its my car or are all GA's like this. when i have my A/C or heat on 1 or 2 it barely blows, you cant feel it at all unless you put your hand right to the vent. also when im driving at about 65-70mph it seems to help blow a little more air out.

Dr_Kyle
07-14-2004, 04:29 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346&highlight=blower+motor
That should answer all of your questions. :)

2002AmSE
07-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Hmm, if your blower blows a decent amount of air on 3 and as much as you expect that it should on 5, than it could just as well be the blower resistor, if it seems like less power at higher speeds as well than it could be your motor getting weeker or something could be clogged somewhere. It's normal to feel more air come through the car when you are driving fast because the air intake was designed to be that way. I remember every time the blower resistor has gone out on me and when it has gone out it would go from working perfectly to just not working the next time i wanted 1 or 2. It could be on its way to failure of the resistor, but on my car with the setting on max a/c I have never felt any air anyways, and number two would be enough to keep it nicely cool after the a/c cooled it comfortably on higher speeds on an 80 degree day or cooler. If the flow has noticably tapered off in those speeds than it could just as well be the resistor failing, but personally I wouldn't replace it until it fails completly because just as long as #2 blows enough to keep it comfortable on a normal day.

My 2 cents

AaronGAGT
07-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Blower resistor needs to be replaced. End of discussion.

MetaGTP1
07-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Blower resistor needs to be replaced. End of discussion.I agree. :metal: