ABS light and ETS light coming on as you drive? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ABS light and ETS light coming on as you drive?

shoretsuHADAN!
07-14-2004, 07:39 PM
this has started to scare me, when I start driving, it takes like maybe 5 minutes and both lights come on, as if telling me I have no ETS or ABS, but I thought without ABS you can't drive the car? anyone with oinfo on this please help me out, I hope I don't have to replace some expensive crap, and hope it is an easy fix, it is begining to annoy the hell out of me

mr_eh
07-14-2004, 07:40 PM
duct tape works wonndddddddddeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssss sssss....

my advice is to search for "wheel sensor" and you will find what you need

GAGTSCTGuy
07-14-2004, 07:54 PM
You can drive without ABS, you just go back to regular "old fashion" brakes.

robc7gt
07-15-2004, 12:06 AM
i'm having the same problem again, last time it wAS a wheel bearing when u find out what it was please tell me im curious. thanks, rob

Amber99ga
07-15-2004, 04:02 AM
I had the same problem once before except mine both came on and wouldnt turn off after a while. I took it to a brake shop to have them look at it, said nothing was wrong that my ABS worked fine and it was just a sensor or my computer messing up. So he reset it for me it came right back on when I left so I pulled back in he reset it again and it stayed off for over 2 years now about 3 months ago its back and it comes on every time I drive, except for on a rare ocassion when I get in and its off... who knows, I don't care anymore! I'm sick of spending money on my car!!!

stealthus
07-15-2004, 06:15 AM
I have the exact problem on my 2000 Grand AM. My lights on my instrumentation panel come on for ETS, ABS and Service Vehicle Soon. They are all related. I took it in to my dealer to diagnose it and he hooked it up to the CAN reader. Sure enough the left front wheel sensor was not working properly. They told me that they would have to replace the hub since GM placed it all together in the hub. So, the cost he gave me was about $500.00 with work included. OUCH. I asked if it was ok to drive it like this until I can fix it and he said that it's fine but I won't have ABS when the light comes on.

I also noticed that it only happens at very low speeds and if I'm turning. If I drive in "psycho" mode (meaning I scare the neighboors with the smell of the rubber emmitting from my tires) then the lights never trigger. It's going to be a tough winter...

Anyhow, does anyone have some good info on how to replace the hub? Where to buy the part? How much is fair?

shoretsuHADAN!
07-15-2004, 03:31 PM
"psycho mode" ? LOL... well after getting 2 bumps on my head from that stupid blower resistor, I will be taking it to the dealer for this, I don't like pain... but I will not buy the part from the dealer, I think I will order it from gmpartsdirect, then have them install it, if it is a wheel sensor doing this